Chit Chat

NWR: CAKE!!!

edited March 2014 in Chit Chat
My god, i am still lusting over this cake I made last night. It was so easy to make and so delicious.  I get so scared to make cakes, because unlike cooking, you can't really try it out to make sure all went according to plan. I made an apple bundt cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting for my mother's birthday.  Everyone loved it. I gave the rest of the cake to my mom, when I took her home.  I am not going to lie, wishing I didn't give it all away... I want some for breakfast! Lol.  But this girl has her first fitting in a month... YIKES!  Time to behave.

Re: NWR: CAKE!!!

• LOL. You're making me hungry.

So I'm going to go have my bagel thins and try to be good.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I made an awesome chocolate cake last night to take over to my parents' for the season finale of The Walking Dead.  It's a Hungry Girl recipe so I'm trying to behave and stick with the portion size and only eat it for desert.  Not gonna lie - I was super excited when Dad didn't want any and Brother & SIL decided to share a slice.  MORE FOR ME
    Anniversary
  • I want cake now!
  • FI will have to thank you now I am raiding my kitchen to find stuff to make cake.
  • Easy cake-like muffin recipe.  It's from Hungry Girl and each one is 5 WW Points.  I was so impressed with this one that I thought I'd share.

Ingredients: 
    1 box moist-style devil’s food cake mix (15.25 - 18.25 oz.) 
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin 
    12 cubes chewy caramel (like Kraft Traditional Caramels) 
    1 tsp. powdered sugar 

Directions: 
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray. 

In a large bowl, mix cake mix with pumpkin until completely smooth and uniform. (Batter will be thick.) 

Evenly distribute batter into the cups of the muffin pan. Press a caramel halfway into the center of each, and smooth batter over the top to enclose the caramel. 

Anniversary
  • @muffin- Evil Chipmunk rule for Monday mornings: you are not allowed to post about awesome, delicious cake without posting a)pictures and b) recipe. Evil Chipmunk demands recipes in order to provide new tributes to the baking gods and their assitants (aka, Chipmunk's office full of goody loving coworkers who cannot go a month without starting to whine about when she'll bring something in again)
  • @chipmunk... you are hysterical. I cooked it for 1 hour 15 minutes instead of the time the recipe had stated.  And I did not like the glaze... it made it seem more like a treat for brunch, so I used cinnamon cream cheese frosting

• Had leftover cake from our cake tasting this morning for breakfast! Nom nom nom :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards