New Jersey

Fireworks at the Palace at Somerset

So I am a Palace bride and I was really interested in having fireworks at our wedding. When we booked last summer, we were told there is only one 15 minute, grand firework package for $7500. However, recently my FH and I were lamenting on how expensive our wedding has become and are really looking to cut some costs (We are having a large wedding).

My question for other palace brides or brides that have looked into the palace (or have friends that did) is if the fireworks company is able to offer custom packages, perhaps shorter ones? 15 minutes is a long time. Ideally, we were hoping we could get maybe a 5 min show for a third of the price -- so like $2500. I think we are dreaming though.

Does anyone have any information they can share? Our wedding is still a while away, but I am thinking of emailing Alex our wedding planner about this as well to see if she knows anything about it.

Thanks!!

Re: Fireworks at the Palace at Somerset

• Hi-- I'm not a Palace bride, but I attended a wedding there with fireworks.  It was a very long display, sounds like 15 minutes is about right.  It was super impressive, but after about 5-10 minutes everyone started to feel like.... okay, that's enough.  I agree a shorter display is ideal.

My friend told me they originally didn't plan on having the fireworks, but they had a lot of unexpected declines and the venue offered the fireworks as a way to use the money they had already contracted to spend (I guess a refund wasn't an option).  So maybe if you wind up cutting in other places, you can fill in by adding the fireworks?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2014
    Hi! I'm a Palace bride but we didn't have fireworks; wanted to share that what @JCBride2014 said is true.... we were able to "move around" some $$ to pay for other things, for example, we wanted to upgrade the fresh seafood bar to include lobster and king crab legs. To do this, we gave up the Hoisin station which was similar in cost per person as the upgrade. If you give up a $15pp station for 200 people, that's $3,000 towards your fireworks. Good luck!
  • Hey there!

We have wanted those fireworks since day one ourselves and have tried every way we could maneuver to slide them in...but its a lot of bang for a lot of buck!  We tried contacting the firework company individually but the chain of command led us back to The Palace.  While they have been so amazing and helpful it did not seem they could offer a less costly package to us.  I hadn't heard of subbing out stations to make up the difference but think it is a great idea to consider!

• As a guest at a wedding I would much rather have more food options then 15 minutes of fireworks. It's just my opinion but $7,500 is a lot of money to spend on a fireworks show and would be an unnecessary expense. Then again, $7,500 for fireworks is not in my $30k budget so I would meet have even explored the idea.

I just think as a guest I would feel that it was totally over the top.
  • I was a palace bride in November. We also looked into the fireworks and we were told it's the permits that make the price go up. They said franklin township is very much on top of them.
  • I just wanted to throw this out there as well - I recently attended a wedding at the Palace, and I didn't even know they had the fireworks until I later saw pictures of the bride and groom in front of the fireworks. So, spending the $7,500 seems expensive, and guests might not even know it is happening (like myself.) Oops.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards