Pre-wedding Parties

HELP!

My bridal shower is this weekend. I have an awesome MOH who has worked with the other BM to plan everything. I gave a list of people to invite as I was asked at the beginning, but in the last two weeks I've gotten a phone call from an Aunt and Grandma that they never got an invite. Today I find out that my mom's best friend never recieved one, and now I have to figure out a way to soothe hurt feelings. 

Should I try to call and "touch base" with everyone on the list and see if they recieved their invitations and explain that there were some issues. I don't know if it was with the BM who made and sent them or the postal service. I just don't want everyone to be upset with me because they didn't get an invite.

Thanks!

Re: HELP!

• I would ask the MOH and BM about it first... did they tell you up front "we can host a shower for x number of people; please give us a list of that many?" Maybe they realized the list was more than they could afford to host, and prioritized it (poorly) without asking you and didn't send the invites. :-\ In that case, as much as it sucks, you shouldn't extend the invite to grandma or anyone else who was excluded. It may have just been a postal error, but you should really confirm with the hosts before you talk to anyone else. Either way they shouldn't be upset with you as you are not the host.

• Thanks Lolo8383! I had talked to them - it was mostly the USPS and one person (the biggest one, of course) somehow got dropped when lists were exchanged over email. It isn't a matter of number - there are only about 12 names on the list, and I double checked that to make sure.

Apparently about 4 of them didn't get it. We're assuming it was because one of the BM made the invites and they had some 3d embellisments and had to be sent in odd size envelopes.

Crisis averted...I think. :)
  • vbarger13 said:
    Thanks Lolo8383! I had talked to them - it was mostly the USPS and one person (the biggest one, of course) somehow got dropped when lists were exchanged over email. It isn't a matter of number - there are only about 12 names on the list, and I double checked that to make sure.

Apparently about 4 of them didn't get it. We're assuming it was because one of the BM made the invites and they had some 3d embellisments and had to be sent in odd size envelopes.

Crisis averted...I think. :)
    Yay! Hope it all goes well this weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards