Not Engaged Yet

thursday chatties

Re: thursday chatties

• @BreMR - OH I totally remember you. I saw that thread, too. That sort of happened once here except the SIL didn't post on TK. She had the printouts of the posts. Awkward! 

B is a total asshole but he's also the best snuggler I've ever met. He hugs me and I love it.

• @cocobellaf only orange cats and the cat that uses your garden as his personal litter box every cat ever in the whole world! Buddy is an ass and KNOWS it, I've accepted it through the years.
    FTFY.
  • @cocobellaf only orange cats and the cat that uses your garden as his personal litter box every cat ever in the whole world! Buddy is an ass and KNOWS it, I've accepted it through the years.
    FTFY.

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    There is definitely something about male cats where I swear they're more affectionate. My cat is a female and I subject her to so many cuddles...

She hates it.

FTFY.

kim kardashian crying

I'm SO sad you feel this way!!!!

Your dogs are cute though, so that makes up for my sadness.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 & @Swazzle - I can coexist with cats in the world.  no worries!  if they poop in my flowerbed, there will be war, though!
  • @buddysmom80 & @Swazzle - I can coexist with cats in the world.  no worries!  if they poop in my flowerbed, there will be war, though!
    I read that you can sprinkle coffee grinds and/or cayenne to keep cats out of flowerbeds! 

• @Swazzle - we tried that!  the problem is that OK is so crazy windy that it blows away and I have to apply it like every day.  it wasn't working long-term and it was high maintenance!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @TwoDimes sometimes I can see sig pics and other times not.

@BreMR Welcome! I haven't met anyone on TK IRL yet there than my sis of course. I'm engaged and getting married in October. My Fi and I have a little lab mix puppy named Cinders. She is so smart but so naughty sometimes! Can't post a pic cause I'm on mobile right now but she is basically a 40 lb lab with super speed and super brains!

• @Swazzle - we tried that!  the problem is that OK is so crazy windy that it blows away and I have to apply it like every day.  it wasn't working long-term and it was high maintenance!
    Even if you mix it in with the mulch? 

Hmm that sucks. I'll keep my eye out for any other tips!

• Ughhh this day needs to be over I need wine now.....

Anniversary

• All you ladies that have long weekends. Biiiiite me!! Lol

I'm extremely cranky this week, and I don't know why. I'm just way over this week.

@bre, I've been on here since right before swazzle. At the time I was with ex. We were just dating at the time, got engaged, moved to fl from mi, broke up and now I'm with BF and couldn't be happier.

I've met @swazzle and @peekaboo. Hopefully @blue and @ollie08 and I can get together after blues wedding!!!!
  • Why does everybody have a 3+ day weekend but ME?!

@blue - Holy cow 1 week!!!!

Tonight FI has a consultation appointment for LASIK - I'm hoping he decides to get it, but it's totally up to him.  Is it bad I told him his appointment is at 6:00pm instead of the REAL time 6:30 to make sure he leaves work on time and we have time for dinner before the appointment?
    Tell him to go for it! Lasik was one of the best decisions I've ever made! It was REALLY simple and quick.

STUCK IN THE BOX :(
    I had it done 1 1/2 years ago and I'm happy I had it done.  My first month was a little rough because of the whole dry-eyes thing and I thought I should be super-human and not affected by it.  It also took me 2-3 weeks to get to 20/20 out of both eyes (they were 20/20 together, but not separate) - but I was told that was pretty likely before surgery because the were corrected my astigmatism and near-sighted. 

He's worried about the cost with our upcoming wedding (the selfish-me says 'but I don't want you wearing glasses in our wedding pictures and you cannot wear contacts without your eyes turning BRIGHT red').  They offer 12-month financing plus he can contribute more to his HSA to cover it as well.

He got to hear my whole story though - if anybody is thinking about it; these were my complaints:  Eyes in the medical world TOTALLY gross me out.  So during the surgery I was wiggling my feet in a nervous manner (because I was thinking about what they were doing to my eye) and I got yelled at to 'stay still'.  I whined because one of the eye drops after getting into your sinuses tasted REALLY AWFUL (but I always had gum with me so no big deal).  We went to Disney 1 week after my surgery and I felt I was dressing like a suspicious person (baseball cap & sunglasses) because everything was SUPER bright.  I did have the halo-ing effect to certain lights (the ones at work were the wrost) that lasted about 2 months.  It made me realize I'm NOT super-human and don't heal faster than the average person.  <And of course I joke around about not being about to get X-ray vision as a package add-on.>

Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes - you can't see my sig pic?  too bad, it has my two cute little pups in it!!  :)
  • I might only end up working a few hours from home tomorrow, if we get the 6"-12" of snow forecast.  I am so over MN and winter at this point.  I am also a bit jealous of all these long weekends!

The most fun news I have at the moment is that the fabric bouquets I ordered from an artist friend arrived yesterday for the kiddo and me.  She was so excited, she walked around the house with it for a while yesterday.  

Also, kiddo and I finished writing the poem together that she will read at the wedding.

• @Dignity100 - Oh man! I was apparently superhuman. I got yelled at during the procedure also but because I was apparently trying to close my eye (um, of course I was!). But afterwards when I sat up, I could read the 'no smoking' sign all the way on the other side of the room which was incredible. Mine burned in the recovery room so they gave me lots of eyedrops and it stopped by the time I was leaving. I didn't have any other issues after that and it was like 5 years ago now. My vision is still perfect! 

My insurance covered $1k per eye and I was responsible for the rest which I used the financing for. Remind him that it's going to (presumably) last forever so it's a great investment! 

• here's a better picture of Baxter!
  • @BreMR - I am engaged, I came to TK as FI and I were deciding on rings.  I have not met any of the girls IRL, but if they ever have a close meet up again, I hope my invite does not get lost in the mail.

I met my FI at my old job.  He was assigned as my mentor for the group and we just got close.  We started dating Nov 2007, engaged Nov 2013, married Oct 2014 (hmm, maybe I should have went for a Nov date to keep it simple).  I have 2 dogs (Nessie - Newfoundland; Loki - Great Pyrenees <honorable mention, I lost my Great Pyr Denali to bone cancer back in 2010>), 2 Cats (Merling & Morgan), 1 Guinea Pig (Moo), and 2 Fish.

Will go find pictures of my pups now. . .

Because of @CocoBellaF and the supervolcano explosion - I am never cleaning again!!  Hey what's the point if there's just going to be a thick layer of ash over everything!

Anniversary
  • FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    KeptInStitches - I would be very careful about asbestos removal if I were you. My brother put an offer on a house and then found out it was going to cost him $50,000 to remove and fix the asbestos (though it was in the drywall, not the floor) and dropped his offer. It is defiantly not something to do yourself, but if you know it's there, I think you're required by law to fix it (maybe that's just here though). 

@BreMR - I don't know anyone IRL that's on here, though I'm new and don't get to participate as much as I want to. I am NEY and have been dating my BF for 4.5 years. We've been talking about marriage and looked at rings and stuff, but as we are both in school it will be a few years until anything comes of it. 

Also, I wish I had a puppy or kitty to show off on here. Stupid dorms not allowing pets. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I don't have a long weekend. I have a one-day weekend, actually, because I have to work on Saturday. 

@BreMR - I was NEY and dating an ex when I came on here. I have since found some of my best friends in the world on this board, and they helped me through the breakup with the ex, the dating, and the finding of my now BF! 

Now BF & I have been together for just over a year & a half, we have an orange & white asshole cat named Brady (all orange cats are assholes, it's just TRUTH), and a Golden Retriever named Violet. I am (impatiently) waiting for my sparklepony :) 

The two monsters sleeping ON me during a snow day:

*******************************************************************************************

• BriSox81 said:
    I don't have a long weekend. I have a one-day weekend, actually, because I have to work on Saturday. 

@BreMR - I was NEY and dating an ex when I came on here. I have since found some of my best friends in the world on this board, and they helped me through the breakup with the ex, the dating, and the finding of my now BF! 

Now BF & I have been together for just over a year & a half, we have an orange & white asshole cat named Brady (all orange cats are assholes, it's just TRUTH), and a Golden Retriever named Violet. I am (impatiently) waiting for my sparklepony :) 

The two monsters sleeping ON me during a snow day:
    I spy.............

glitter slippers.

• You guys, I just made an appointment for an airbrush tan two weeks from today. Please send vibes that I don't look like Snooki??? I asked the lady who was doing it to "just make me look less pasty pale than I am right now"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Oh my god I hate today, today can suck and die.

I could not sleep last night, and then dragged myself to work ... to get scolded by my boss because we've been spending too much money. I dunno, maybe it's because we have a new person in the lab, and someone who's been doing very little benchwork for months is now doing lots of benchwork. The majority of stuff I order is either stuff we ran out of and no one told anyone, and we need it, like, yesterday, OR it's still that, if I don't order it, we will run out of and no one will tell anyone, and then we'll need it.

ARGGGG grouchy.

@KeptInStitches YAYYYYY HOUSEEEEEE

@lmhollister Don't worry too much about the Cytotec. I felt absolutely no different after taking it, and from what I've heard, the effects with regards to IUD insertion are pretty debatable. Having my cervix dilated was actually not nearly as painful as the rest of the insertion, so if I had to recommend one drug to take beforehand, it would be pain killers.

@bremr I'm engaged. I joined TheKnot last spring because my partner and I were planning to get engaged, and I wanted to start getting an idea of venue costs so we could start thinking about budgets. I also was asking around about jewelers and custom engagement rings. We got engaged at the end of August, and we're getting married in November.

@Blue one weeeeeeeeeeek
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @swazzle - glitter slippers are the BEST, and you know it. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @BriSox81 - Especially when you wear them to work by accident. 

• Nessie Dog:

Loki Dog:

Denali - In Loving Memory:

Merlin Cat & Morgan Cat (Merlin's paw is around Morgan)

Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes - Project Management Professional certification.  LINK
  • @cocobella rock on!!!!!!

@twodimes I pink puffy heart love great pyrs!!! My grandma had one and he is a doll face
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards