Florida-Central Florida

250 Guests - Need Help on Venues in Central Florida!

Very new to this and already feeling overwhelmed... What we do know is that we'll have somewhere between 230-250 guests and would like to dance the night away with most of them.  Any suggestions on ceremony, reception, or 1-stop shop places that won't completely break the bank would be greatly appreciated.  We've also considered holding the ceremony in one location and then a tented reception on a family member's large property - anybody have a tented reception in Orlando/Kississimee before?   Thanks in advance for any input!

Re: 250 Guests - Need Help on Venues in Central Florida!

• I looked at Ballroom at Church street, but decided it was so big for our relatively smaller guest list (sitting at under 60 at the moment).  It was 3 to 3-and-a-half thousand dollars for the whole space, which can be used for ceremony and reception.  It's such a gorgeous place, and I know there were some "Included"s in the packages that I can't remember at the moment.   I remember seeing it setup for a 200+ wedding and there was some more room, so I think it'd fit your guest list just fine.  It's Downtown Orlando, and all the meetings I had there were pleasant. 
  • Thanks for your response!
  • Heyllo - not sure if you are still looking or what breaking the bank is for you but i have a wedding about the same size and we are getting married at Mission Inn resort in Howey in the Hills :)
  • TKConciergeTKConcierge member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    giddyshakes

Congratulations on your engagement! This must be such an exciting time for you! As far as venues in central Florida, these are my favorite recommendations that also host up to at least 250 people: The International Palms Cocoa Beach has a capacity of up to 350 people. Bella Collina is also another amazing venue that holds up to 250 guests. I would also recommend looking into The Hilton OrlandoThe Mission Inn Resort and Club can host up to 400 people. 

I hope that helps! Good Luck!
     Happy Planning!
     XOXO, The Knot Concierge

• My fiancé went there yesterday to do a walk through and to get pricing and while beautiful so not worth it and their customer service skills aren't the best at all. Not even a hint of enthusiasm for showing a newly engaged couple this venue and trying to sell us. Ladies do not be deceived by seeing on the website that the site fee is 3500...,,you have to reach a 20,000 minimum for it. The overcharge is a bit nuts at this place too. They were charging $6.50 for hor d' duerves and that was for one piece that would be at a food station and you have to have a minimum of 8-12 per person! Once again it is all about the sales person too. I guarantee that the lack of customer service turns people off....I even asked her "the dos and donts" for the venue and she actually told me that if I liked the place and put down a deposit then she would put me in touch with someone that could tell me. Don't go here ladies, you can get a gorgeous wedding with great customer service elsewhere. Good luck!
  • p2rosebudp2rosebud member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2014
    @hillary...which place did you visit?
  • Yeah Hillary where was this ?
  • hhn229hhn229 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    @Hillary, ditto...which venue are you referring to? 
  • Hi Hillary, I got married this past January at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista, and it was everything we hoped for, and then some! Donna Cooke is the event/wedding coordinator and she was amazing to work with, and very responsive. Plus, the resort was completely renovated about 2 years ago so everything (including the ballrooms) is brand new. I would definitely suggest to contact her. I would also be happy to send you some pics so you could see the venue once decorated - just let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards