Chit Chat

Dream Wedding

Anyone else going to watch it?  12:00 EST.  I hear music but no video yet...
http://wedding.theknot.com/dream-wedding-contest.aspx

Re: Dream Wedding

• @KnotPorscha is the video just going to start eventually?
  • Okay, I'm so out of the loop, especially regarding current events happening (I really don't watch TV and only sporadically Netflix shows).

Are these people famous?  Who are they? 

Also, can someone tell me why I care about their wedding?
  • @shaylagirl, I think the community took votes to pick certain aspects of the wedding. Like the cake, etc.
  • They were at the Boston Marathon bombing and were injured.  People voted for the theme, flowers, etc. and The Knot paid for their entire wedding, I believe. 
  • Awww her dress is beautiful! I wish I could hear the ceremony but I don't want to turn the sound on in my office.
  • She looks so beautiful! Upset with the constant, 'marriage is between a man and a woman' comments so far. I hope TK isn't sponsoring the Officiant? I'm sure he means well, but it's super insensitive. What was the point of the flower girls dropping petals on an already super petaley aisle? Also, I would be pissed if I were the groomsman that the cameras set up in front of.
    I had the same thoughts.

I got bored and turned it off after she walked though.
  • Why the heck is the dad (i presume) still in between them?
  • I've clicked on all their diff links and I still can't find the one to the wedding. It just keeps being videos of meet the couple.

• Mmmk that song was super awkward and misplaced IMO.  I feel like everyone was just waiting for her to finish to get back to the ceremony...
    @Jenna8984 It should be at the top as a live video
  • oh I found it for like a second before it ended. boo

• The decor was great but I didn't care for the officiant.  
  • I'm feeling very far behind. What wedding shows are most people watching? Since getting engaged I've watched:

"Say Yes to the Dress"- fun in small doses
    "Something Old, Something New" - again, fun in small doses
    "Four Weddings"- I love it and have (reluctantly) gotten FI and his son addicted!

What shows are you watching?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• doeydo said:
    They were at the Boston Marathon bombing and were injured.  People voted for the theme, flowers, etc. and The Knot paid for their entire wedding, I believe. 
    Thank you!!  That explains it all and makes sense!!

Now I feel a little bit bitchy for having said what I said.  :|  Whoops. 
  • @wandajune6 Wedding shows I watch whenever they're on: "Say Yes to the Dress", "Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids", "Something Old, Something New",  "Randy to the Rescue", "Keasha's Perfect Dress".
    Wedding shows I watch when I'm just channel surfing: "Four Weddings", "Four Weddings Canada", "Bridezillas", "I Found the Gown", "Brides of Beverly Hills", "Mother of the Bride", "Girl Meets Gown", "Wedding SOS".
    OK, I might have a problem with wedding shows...

The reception is on and off right now, if anyone is interested.  
  • Thanks, @doeydo! I've never heard of most of those. I never watch live tv- I just DVR anything that looks even vaguely compelling. I have no patience for commercials and find that I only watch tv while I'm doing other things - putting away laundry, doing craft projects, etc. If I try to watch them live, I never get to see them :(

This sounds particularly dangerous!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I Found the Gown is fun, I like seeing the owners go shopping. I actually think that's my favorite part!

Four Weddings is ok, but the only other one that I really watch is Say Yes to the Dress. I've never watched Something Old, Something New, but it seems interesting (I may have to look for it on on demand!).
  • I didn't get to watch it (work blocks videos), but I was just reading about it on People.com. She was gorgeous!

Sadly, the first thing that popped into my mind was how many Newbs this event will attract to the boards...

• The editors are posting the wedding video later today! I'll share it here so everyone can see a recap :)
  • @shrekspeare Hmm let me check....I believe Rebekah and Pete knew the officiant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards