Maryland-Baltimore

Venue Help Please!

Hello all! 

My fiance and I are having a short engagement (why wait? ) however, we are struggling with finding a venue! We want to be married by the end of June of 2014 and we will be having a budget wedding. We plan on having about 100 guests at the wedding and we want to try and spend no more than $5,500 total. We are simple people so we're looking for a simple and rustic yet beautiful and scenic place to have an outdoor ceremony and reception. We want to have a bar b que for the reception since we first met at a bar b que :) do you ladies have any suggestions of venues and/or caterers that could work with our budget? Any help would be greatly appreciated! We also would prefer to have the ceremony AND reception at the same location. It would be a dream come true to get married at a barn but we are open to anything at this point in time. We are also open to off beat and non traditional ideas. Thanks guys!

Re: Venue Help Please!

• Where in MD exactly are you looking?  There are two places in Harford County that may work for you.  Rockfield Manor (http://www.rockfieldmanor.com/weddings.html) and Liriodendron (www.liriodendron.com/wedding.cfm).  June is high season for weddings so you may have to be flexible on which day of the week you get married.

• Also check out local parks.  You would have to bring in everything but it may be cheaper in the long run.

I have also heard great things about Mission BBQ if you are in need of a caterer.

• Lirodendron is having June 2014 "last minute specials" according to their website, so it might be worth checking out. If not, maybe a park with a bbq food truck(s), like Smoking Swine or SC BBQ?
  • Thank you so much! We found a venue a beautiful and affordable venue in Laurel, Md. The venue requires a caterer but they gave us a ton of great suggestions and we found one that will work with our budget. Yay! Everything is coming together
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards