Pre-wedding Parties

Hosting Bachelorette Party

Hi, I was hoping you all could give me some ideas or tell me if I am missing anything. I am my sister's MOH and hosting her bach party this weekend. We have a suite at a major league baseball game, with option to go out after at bars across the street. I made her a shirt that says "Mrs. So and so" and plan tobring cupcakes as well. My question is, should I try to do more traditional party things - penis stuff, games, etc? If so, what? FYI its an afternoon game and somewhat older crowd so not too crazy.

Re: Hosting Bachelorette Party

• Do what the bride would like. If she isn't into the penis-y things, why waste your money? What you have planned sounds like so much fun! (And most everyone likes cupcakes)

imageimage

• Thanks! Guess I just wanted an outside opinion.
  • I don't care for the over the top penis stuff either or those bachelorette party games.

Go by the bride's personality/ preference/ or in my case- comfort level.
  • It depends on the bride.  If she is into the more raunchy stuff that is typical at bachelorette parties then bring it.  Even if it is an afternoon game i would be careful about wearing or showing those items outside of the suite as there still may be children present.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another vote for not liking tacky penis stuff... although I would shamelessly rock a kiddie-sized dress up veil. 

• Agreed with everyone else - if you think the bride would appreciate stuff like that, you should go for it. If not, what you have planned sounds like a blast.

I was hoping to suggest something similar to my MOH for my bachelorette, if she had asked, but alas, it will be out of season for hockey games! Have fun! :)
  • No penis stuff.  I will never understand why decorating with penis shaped items is such a popular thing for bachelorette parties.

• If you want something raunchy but not overly phallic, I made up a bunch of index cards with various sex toys on them for my sister's bach party, and people had to hold them up to their forehead and guess what they were. It really depends on your crowd, but it went over really well with her group (ages ranged from 25 to 40!). If you do want to do games, I'd pick a game that's easily interruptable (like this one) if people are really into baseball, so they can still enjoy the game!
  • I like the penis stuff. My sister bought me a huge blow up penis with a string to wear around my neck. We had a lot of fun with it lol - although given there may be children at the game, you should prob scale it back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards