Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Processional music

Hey girls! My FH and I are having a Christian ceremony outdoors- we were looking for a song for the men/groom to come in to (they aren't walking down the aisle with the bridesmaids, they will just be coming in from the side). We are having a DJ and are looking for something more on the popular/fun end. Anyone have any ideas? (PS- my bridesmaids and I will be walking down the aisle to "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton). Thanks!

Re: Processional music

• As a retired church organist, I can say that the men do not usually process in, or have special music.  They usually walk in quietly from the side after the parents are ushered to their seats.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • sarahs616sarahs616 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2014
    Like I said, they will be coming in from the side; however we'd like them to have some sort of song to walk in to- we're having an outside wedding and the amt of time it takes for the groomsmen to get to where they need to go will be substantial- just a way to break it up : ) Thanks for the help though!
  • I would just ask your DJ to continue playing soft background music while your guys walk in.  They don't really need a special song, unless of course your FI wants one, but having the background music that is played while guests arrive and are seated would be fine to continue while the men walk in from the side.  Once they are in place I would have your DJ pause the music before starting the music for your girls to process in.  This way it helps to signify to your guests that "the big moment" is getting ready to happen.

• My husband wanted a song to walk out to that was his own and he picked Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra. I thought that was an awesome choice!
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Awesome- thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards