October 2013 Weddings

Florist

I am in the process of booking my vendors, I already have the venue, my photographer and my photobooth.  I am still looking around for a DJ but I think I may have found one already.  I am not sure when I should be meeting with florists, is it too early?  I am not having flowers for my centerpieces, I only need bouquets for myself and the bridal party and boutonneires for the groomsman.  Has anyone booked their florist yet?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Florist

• shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I haven't booked my florist yet but mine comes in a package I have with my venue.  I have a choice of two.  I was thinking of waiting until at least December before I contacted them to see what each has to offer.  I know my friend tried to book her florist when it was her wedding and even though they knew they were doing her wedding, they didn't want to hear from her until a few months before.  I don't know the real answer though haha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I say book your vendors as soon as you find ones you like and that will work with your budget. Vendors can raise their prices at any time.
  • My sister is getting married this Aug. She started looking at florists in July last year. All were willing to sign a contract and get their deposit right away to save the date. They didn't need to actually order any flowers until March of this year.

• Thank you all for the advice.  I might starting contacting florists in the next couple of months just to get that booked also.  I don't need a lot of flowers so they will have it easy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Ive booked my florist already. I had some that said it was too early but I love my florsit that I ended up booking
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:37aa5947-e33b-4e0b-a539-a8bac8714951Post:beb61ad7-62a3-4229-a455-63a07ba6be4d">Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in the process of booking my vendors, I already have the venue, my photographer and my photobooth.  I am still looking around for a DJ but I think I may have found one already.  I am not sure when I should be meeting with florists, is it too early?  I am not having flowers for my centerpieces, I only need bouquets for myself and the bridal party and boutonneires for the groomsman.  Has anyone booked their florist yet?
    Posted by millersox2184[/QUOTE]

i think the market for flowers is affected by so many things that pricing can change drastically when you are over a year out - so most florists may not finalize any pricing until less than a year out from the wedding...   but this is just my opinion - i do not know for sure - you can start talking to florists and see what they have to say about it though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards