September 2014 Weddings

Are you and your Fi exchanging wedding gifts?

Just curious, whose doing this and what yinz are giving. Im thinking of getting the personalized cigar holder from the knot shop.

Re: Are you and your Fi exchanging wedding gifts?

• my FI and I are exchanging gifts. we wanted something practical, that hopefully we can pass to our children one day. I purchased him a Bulova watch, and I am not certain what he is getting for me, but he has been asking me a lot of questions about pearls :] I gave him hints such as a pearl necklace or a nice cross necklace.
  • FI told me he bought me a gift but, I didn't realize that was a thing. I must be naïve, haha. I still need to figure out what to buy him. I was thinking maybe a new laptop since his has been wonky and he's been doing most of his online surfing on our desktop.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I was just thinking about this, along with gifts for our parents.  So after I read this post, I mentioned it to my FI... he just looked at me with this puzzled look.  So I think that means we will probably not be doing it.  I might get him a card.
  • @hh2be Same thing! I just turned to FI and said "So you know that tradition of bride and groom getting each other gifts on the wedding day? Are we doing that?" And he said "Um, what? Why? Do you want to?" So no, we don't see the point. We're spending so much on the wedding, that is our gift to one another!! 

• jenna8984 said:
     We're spending so much on the wedding, that is our gift to one another!! 
    That's a nice way of looking at it!
  • Nope. We're getting each other. And rings.

• No - I don't understand the point. 
  • Nope. We're getting each other. And rings.
    Yea, exactly this. 

I don't see the point. I don't need gifts for every little thing. He did buy me this expensive azz ring on my hand...so, I mean, I need something else too? No.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards