Chit Chat

XP "first dance"

At the party after a vow renewal, would you side eye a dance between the husband and wife?

Re: XP "first dance"

• Not really.  I wouldn't have a problem with watching the husband and wife dance with each other for a few minutes.  Maybe that's just me though.

I wouldn't do any other spotlight dances though.  

SaveSave
  • Ditto monkey. I wouldn't side-eye it, but I would side-eye other spotlight dances.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Nope no other spot lights :) no other traditions with the exception of a cake and cupcakes but we won't be doing the cutting of it and all that
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I wouldn't side eye it but I don't really see the point. Then again, we invited all guests to join us for our first dance when we were married. I don't see the point in the spotlight of it all.
  • we haven't decided on it, the dj asked us about it tonight and we said we hadn't planned on doing one and he was shocked that we weren't so I figured I would get others opinions. We also started talking about that option of starting with us then asking other couples to join or dancing a song with us and our kids and that being *our* dance
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Etiquette wise you're totally fine either way. We had the DJ announce that it was a special dance for us and we had chosen the song but we (via our DJ) invited everyone to dance alongside us during it. So it is still "our song" and "our dance" but everyone joined in which was fun.

Really, it's NBD either way you go with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards