Pre-wedding Parties

Shower Attendees

My shower is in two weeks back in my hometown. My sisters/bridesmaids, who are planning it,  invited family and a few friends who I've kept in touch with in the area. Now that the RSVP's are mostly in, it looks like it's going to be all family and one friend. I'm worried my one friend is going to feel awkward that she's the only non-family member there. Should I be concerned? Should I say anything to her ahead of time to let her know the situation? I don't want to say anything that makes her feel unwelcome.

imageimage

Re: Shower Attendees

• Gmo5262 said:

My shower is in two weeks back in my hometown. My sisters/bridesmaids, who are planning it,  invited family and a few friends who I've kept in touch with in the area. Now that the RSVP's are mostly in, it looks like it's going to be all family and one friend. I'm worried my one friend is going to feel awkward that she's the only non-family member there. Should I be concerned? Should I say anything to her ahead of time to let her know the situation? I don't want to say anything that makes her feel unwelcome.

I wouldn't say anything to her ahead of time. If she is anything like me, this would make her think about it and eventually make her worry. As long as your family makes her feel included, I don't think there should be a problem with it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It will be fine.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • MIL attended my family shower and didn't know anyone there.  And she is shy.  My mom and I introduced her to/steered her to sit next to a person who is extremely friendly and chatty.  I think sitting next to a bubbly, chatty person helped her have a better time.
  • I've been that friend before. It's no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards