Moms and Maids
Options

Special Mom

My mom has been absolutely amazing throughout this wedding planning process. She has been encouraging and inspiring when it came to my wishes and ideas. I feel at this point there is no way I can ever thank her enough. She is extremely self-less and I am sooo lucky to have her.

I was hoping some fellow brides-to-be had some advice for creative ways of saying thank you. I am looking for some exciting way of showing my appreciation. I took her to a spa hoping she would love the experience. But, she doesn’t seem to like that kind of thing. She is always worrying about other people so I really want to treat her with something special. Any ideas???

Re: Special Mom

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_special-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:b92c2962-9fb0-4038-a851-d26451756440Post:8422444d-9409-4d00-9d1e-4fc4b031c20e">Special Mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom has been absolutely amazing throughout this wedding planning process. She has been encouraging and inspiring when it came to my wishes and ideas. I feel at this point there is no way I can ever thank her enough. She is extremely self-less and I am sooo lucky to have her.     I was hoping some fellow brides-to-be had some advice for creative ways of saying thank you. I am looking for some exciting way of showing my appreciation. I took her to a spa hoping she would love the experience. But, she doesn’t seem to like that kind of thing. She is always worrying about other people so I really want to treat her with something special. Any ideas???
    Posted by peachiejean[/QUOTE]

Well, as a 3 time MOB I can tell you what meant the world and more to me - a handwritten letter from the heart. There is nothing she could have purchased for me and no experience she could have given me that would top a handwritten letter thanking me for my help and telling me how much she loved me. I will treasure it forever.
  • Options
    ditto kmmssg. There is nothing that you can buy your mom that would mean as much as that letter.

• Options
    What they said ... ; )

I'm a momma too and a heartfelt letter would be the best gift EVER!
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!! You have been sooo helpful! I know she would love that!!
  • Options
    Im planning to give my Mom a spa gift card and the aforementioned letter.
  • Options
    Something you could do is get a photoframe that has a just like mom saying on it and and have a picture from your wedding of you and your mom in it and then when you give it to her you can give her a handwritten note about how much you appreciate her.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_special-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:b92c2962-9fb0-4038-a851-d26451756440Post:4f0df0a1-3fb0-42de-8f32-7c6185f241ae">Re: Special Mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Special Mom : Well, as a 3 time MOB I can tell you what meant the world and more to me - a handwritten letter from the heart. There is nothing she could have purchased for me and no experience she could have given me that would top a handwritten letter thanking me for my help and telling me how much she loved me. I will treasure it forever.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

<div>That is so sweet!  It makes me want to write letters to my MIL and Mom.  Although, they might look at me a little oddly since our wedding was years ago:)   </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards