Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Dreams Punta Cana Wedding

My future hubby and I have finally decided on a destination wedding. We have decided on Dreams Resort in DR, it looks to be family friendly yet a hip enough spot for our friends and ourselves. I am just wondering if anyone has been to the resort or had a wedding there. Both my fiancé and I have never been to DR but have heard a lot of good things about the island. I am trying to get ideas about sending DIY projects down there for when I arrive, or if I should just bring them down with me? I also am wondering if the pictures they include in their package are worth it or if I should inquire about a private photographer for our wedding day.

Any feedback is much appreciated I am really just trying to get any help as far as planning goes to help make things easier. Thanks!

Re: Dreams Punta Cana Wedding

• Options
    We are planning my sister's destination wedding in the DR most likely (she's overseas in the military so she can only help occasionally). We are shipping nothing, but the dresses. She originally wanted some DIY and we even looked into shipping them to the resort to do the nights beforehand since there aren't that many guests, but even that seemed like not the best idea. If you are arriving early enough, by all means!
    As far as photographer, this is something that I've done way to much research on. Here is what we found out - many resort photographers are actually just resort employees who have been "trained" by the last photographer how to shoot and edit. This means, while they know the resort, they no very very little about photography which is REALLY complicated. Also, they charge way too much for what they do and what you get. If you are hoping for full printing rights of high res photos or a quality album, the price is even worse. So we chose our photographer from our wedding and are paying the $200 resort fee for bringing her. She is doing 8 hours plus a 1 hour day after session, and full printing rights for the cost of travel, lodging, and food. Which works out great because we already will have a block of rooms. 
    You may be able try a local photographer, see if they will do the same. A lot of locals will do it for travel and lodging, maybe a small additional fee. If not, I can give you our photographers info to check and see if she's available.  
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your help. The more I have been looking into it, I think im going to try and find a local photographer down in DR and see what their cost's are.
  • Options
    It's a good call! Someone there will know the area and, more importantly, how to work a camera!
  • Options
    Hello poshd10! Check out PhotoPhil photography. He is canadian but shoot destination weddings in Punta Cana. He is very professional! For the videography the best option in Punta Cana is coresfilms.com. Happy planning! 

• Options
    Hello lo I am a new bride looking to get married August. 2015 at dreams punta Cana. Anyone have suggestions or advice on how they booked and what they chose
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards