North Carolina

Second Hand Wedding Dress shopping

I have decided to buy a second hand wedding dress, because the dress is not that important to me, so I'd like to save some money here.  So far, I've found one I really like on CraigsList that I think I might buy!  Going to try some other consignment shops (the one in Cary didn't have much in my size).  Has anyone else done this? 

Re: Second Hand Wedding Dress shopping

• I bought my dress when Brides Against Breast Cancer came through town.  They have second hand dresses and dresses that were former runway/store samples.  www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org for the schedule.  They're going to be in Raleigh in September.
  • I JUST bought my dress on preownedweddingdresses.com. They have a great selection for good deals. I think there are all sorts of options these days! I also heard about www.oncewed.com too.
  • If travel isn't a huge issue, I highly recommend Church Street Bridal.  They are in Lynchburg, VA..but the ride from the Greensboro area wasn't too bad.  I ended up getting a brand new Maggie Sottero gown MSRP $1600 for only $300.  It was a floor sample and needs to be cleaned, but otherwise new. 

These dresses are donated by bigger shops, and most are floor samples or used on runways, etc.  Church Street Bridal discounts these dresses heavily, and then takes the money and donates the proceeds to domestic violence shelters, etc.  I didn't see anything in the shop over $500!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards