Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Rehearsal Dinner Advice?

We are about 7 weeks out and I figure it's high time we start planning the rehearsal dinner.  My fiance is rather picky- he is not fond of American, Continental, French or Italian cuisine so those more obvious/traditional choices are out.  He is Indian so obviously Indian food would be good, as would really any Asian cuisine, Mexican, middle eastern or Greek.  We don't know the exact # yet of people since our RSVP by date isn't for another month, but it will be a minimum of 25 ppl and a max of 36.  I'd love to find a place in/near center city since we and some guests are staying there but half of the guests are in Mt. Airy so Northwest Philly suggestions are welcome too.   

Problem is- our budget is about $1700, which for 25 ppl can be quite a nice restaurant. but for 35 would be more of a moderate joint.  Does anyone have advice on the following

A) Places with a private party room that you know of that serve aforementioned cuisine
B) Is it better to wait till the wedding is around the corner to do this so that we have an accurate head count?  It's Upenn graduation the same weekend so I may already be too late in the game.
C) If we went the rent a room route (like my aunt has a private party room in her apt complex in Plymouth mtg) and do drop off catering route, is this asking for too much stress the night before our Sunday wedding?  I'll need to wake up by 7am the next day so the idea of walking back to our hotel room in center city after dinner sounds way better to me, but we may be able to get nicer food if we went this route.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Advice?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards