Not Engaged Yet

Music Help

Our videographer want us to give him about 4-4:30 minute song to use for the montage clips of our wedding video.  We spent two hours last night trying to find songs.  The ones were liked were mostly too short.  Any ideas suggestions?  We were looking for something romantic but also upbeat and not too slow.  Any thoughts ideas suggestions are welcome!

Anniversary

Re: Music Help

• We actually looked at that song @twodimes FI didn't like it because it was country music...
    I will try to look at extended version of song too! thanks!

Anniversary

• What kind of music do you and your FI usually listen to? When FI and I were picking out first dance songs, there were a couple Ed Sheeran songs that we really liked. We chose "Kiss Me" by him as our first song. Its romantic but a little upbeat as well. "Give Me Love" by him is the same way.
    Anniversary

• That time requirement makes it really hard to find a song!

Have you tried googling wedding videos to see what other couples have used? I assume songs in those would be long enough.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

What about two songs and your videographer can fade from one in to the other?

I feel like @minskat30 shared her wedding video here and it was beautiful! What music did she use? I know there was something in the background but it was subtle.

• It is hard, @bethsmiles they gave us a list of 20 or so songs the ones I liked FI didn't like and vice versa.  It's annoying.  We looked at a lot of songs last night and a lot of the ones we looked at liked weren't long enough, even wedding related ones.

Anniversary

• @Peanut1018  We talked about splitting up two songs toward the end of the night.  We'll have to see if we can find two songs that would work and someone who can create that on a CD too.  It might be the best idea.

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We have the same kind of problem--most of the songs that I like, J doesn't, and vice versa. Songs we both like tend to be ones that either only one of us really likes and the other one just feels eh about, or they're songs we BOTH feel eh about.

This is why we can't find a recessional song. Wheeee.

If time is important, I recommend busting open iTunes and ordering songs by length. Then, look in the ballpark and see if anything pops out to you.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • It would make it easier if there were just more choices in the time range!  We'll probably talk about it again tonight.

Anniversary

• We used 'All You Need Is Love' for our recessional, @phira

@peaseblossom55 - That's so hard! The best I could think of is 'Have I Told You Lately' which is over 4 minutes but it's not fast. 

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle Love that song! We were thinking about using it, but J wants to avoid looking like we're copying his brother and sister-in-law, who used another Beatles song for their recessional. I keep floating suggestions to J, who nixes everything and hasn't spent any time thinking of songs he wants to use.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Do you guys like Dave Matthews Band? Their songs are usually on the longer side, and there are some really pretty, romantic songs. 

I think "You & Me" would be PERFECT as a fun video song - it's 5:41 long. I LOVEEEE "Snow Outside" and the full song is 6:12. "Steady As We Go" is also really nice, but slower, and the CD version is only 3:23.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited April 2014
    @phira - Ahh I understand that! We both really liked it pretty early on in our planning and then my friend got married and used it and at first I was like OH NOOOOOOOO. But really, it was silly. Our wedding was more than a year later and there were 2 overlapping guests. And plus, H and I just really love that song a lot so whatever! 

ETA: Choosing songs with H was a near-nightmare. He wanted to use "Candyshop" by 50 Cent to cut the cake to (if you've never heard it, it is NSFW) and "Dear Mama" by 2Pac for his mother/son dance (luckily, MIL nixed that one). 

• @swazzle Have I told you lately is on the list for our first dance song but I don't think FI likes it as much as some of our other options he vetoed it for the video

Anniversary

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

What about two songs and your videographer can fade from one in to the other?

I feel like @minskat30 shared her wedding video here and it was beautiful! What music did she use? I know there was something in the background but it was subtle.

Thank you! It was Before We Turn to Stone by Ingrid Michaelson.  Here is the video if you want to see our our video people did it.

http://vimeo.com/72056976

• We also used Beautiful Day by U2 for our recessional (they have nice instrumental versions too).  Our first dance was a tango so our song would be no help to you there but we almost did our first dance to what we really consider "our" song (Harvest Moon by Neil Young).

A lot of couples use One Republic's "Good Life" for wedding videos too.

• Also (not trying to plug our videographer here but they have great, great videos and a good sense of how to add audio around them) I loved this video from our videographer that wasn't our video.

http://vimeo.com/34000976

• labrolabro member
    @minskat30 Your videographer was great! Like, your video was the one that made me realize it could actually be worthwhile to have a wedding video made. We still aren't doing it...it just isn't in the budget...but your wedding video is so beautiful. It makes my heart feel all melty lol!

• Awww @LaPeanut1018 - Thank you!  The video was my one splurge (they did a long version (30-35 minutes) of our wedding similar to the 5 minute clip and captured the speaches at our wedding too).  H didn't want it and I had to do some major convincing (and, thankfully, the videographer was willing to negotiate too).  In retrospect, H said it was the best money we spent since we watch it more than we look at the pictures.  I'm so grateful to have my MOH's speech captured too.  It brought me to tears. 
  • @minskat30 I love watching your wedding video!!!

Anniversary

• @swazzle, we played "Pour Some Sugar on Me" for cake cutting.  We also walked in to "Welcome to the Jungle" soooo...we got some looks haha
  • edited April 2014
    I'm obsessed with "best day of my life" by american authors but that's not quite long enough

hmm and maybe that's too upbeat anyways for that kind of video

• I looked at it @leese19 and it's cute but it's short.

Anniversary

• Since I'm somewhat limited to Disney songs (probably not long enough) I think we're going to use
    'A Whole New World' for our recessional or we might use 'Can you feel the love tonight'.

For your video, I think I'd look for something more like Beatles, Elvis, Elton John or one of the other 'classic rock' songs that won't fade and really date your video.  It would stink to pick a 'fad' song now and then a few years down the road have that 'what was I thinking' feeling.

Anniversary
  • Ray Lamontagne "You are the Best Thing" (exactly 4 min)
    Sade "By Your Side" (4 min 26 sec)
    Avici "Wake Me Up" (4 min 12 sec)
    Gavin DeGraw "Best I Ever Had" (almost 4 min! I love this song)
    The Mowgli's "San Francisco" (sadface...only 3 min)

These are my finds thus far. I think the first two are more workable than the remaining ones. I should probably start thinking about this myself!
  • @TwoDimes - We can choose some traditional wedding songs (Canon D, Ave Maria, etc) or Disney.  If we can find and provide sheet music, we can have anything else we want.  We will have a violinist.  So we are limited because: (a) I am lazy (b) I don't want to think too hard (c) I don't want to try to find sheet music.

Their suggested songs are:
    Bridal Party:  Canon in D --OR--  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Cinderella
    Bride:  Here Comes The Bride   --OR-- When You Wish Upon a Star - Pinocchio
    Sand Ceremony (which we will not be doing): Candle on the Water – "Pete's Dragon"
    Recessional:  Wedding March (There Goes the Bride)
    Cake/Toast:  All I ask of you - Phantom of the Opera --OR-- My Heart Will Go On - Titanic --OR-- Unforgettable - Irving Gordon --OR-- What a Wonderful World -popularized by Louis Armstrong

Anniversary
  • Thanks for more suggestions!!!

I really loved Ever Ever After from Enchanted @Dignity100 but the song it only 3:30!!!!!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards