Chit Chat

Evil confessions

Re: Evil confessions

• I have another that makes me chuckle every time I think about it.
    When my H and I were traveling (honeymoon I think?  I forget) our group was called to board and at the gate they were checking the size of the carry on bags to ensure that they would fit on the full plane.  They were asking people if they were willing to check their carry-on bags at the gate to help everything fit.  This guy in front of us started arguing with the gate agents when his huge duffel bag wouldn't fit in the sizer.  He was being a real douchebag, and had to check his bag.  It was definitely larger than the carry-on requirements.
    We were next in line and had to ask the guy to move so that we could get through and size our bags. He was rude to us, too.  We volunteered to check our bags and get them at baggage claim at our destination, and the gate agents were grateful.
    When we got to our destination, our carry-on bags came out first, followed very shortly by our normal checked luggage.  As we waited for our ride, we got to watch the douchebag through the window wait and wait for his duffel, which never came.  As we got picked up, we saw him talking to a baggage claim person to report his lost bag.
    I hope it ended up in Thailand.

Never, NEVER be an asshole to airline people.  You will always get burned in the end.
  • @GoldenPenguin there's a Whole Foods coming to the Capital Region too?!!!! I move away from the area and then they get all the good stores! (Then again, we have all of them where I live now....but still. I justified my move based on some of these stores.)

I went to college with people who loved Wegman's, and never had heard of it due to growing up in the Capital Region. But apparently they have wine ice cream (5% ABV and up!), so now I really want to go to one!

• Wegmans also needs to come to the Captial Region. There was one close by when I lived in Pennsylvania, and it was glorrrrioussssssss. We now have Trader Joes, and they're opening a Whole Foods, but still no Wegmans. It's sad. 
    I can't wait to move back to the Capital Region.  I would be so freaking excited if they had a Wegman's there.  Whole Foods has nothing on Honest Weight IMHO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenna8984 not an evil confession but a horror story based on what you wrote. SO and I visited my dad in Texas during spring break. We went to the airport 2 HOURS early to make sure we made it on our flight. None of the machines to get our tickets great so we wait in line. NONE of the machines are working so there is a huge ass line. We finally get up there and it takes them over an hour to see us and figure out whats wrong. They put our first and middle names together........we didn't even write our middle names when purchasing the tickets. So we rush through TSA and we heard last call! Luckily we had a nice woman who let us cut her. The evil TSA woman took her sweet ass time and SO ran off to see if he could hold the plane. I finally get my bookbag, she didn't even zip it up. I had no time so I just ran with unzip bag and shoes in hand. I made it and we get to our seats. Apparently when SO was telling them I was right behind him, they asked him if he wanted to LEAVE ME BEHIND! So long story short evil confession I pose as different people and write awful reviews for American Airlines. 
  • All these bad parking stories reminded me of something that happened in the campus parking lot. Parking is pay by space, and you display a receipt on your dash to show that you have paid for spot "X". There was a giant truck that was parked over the line, so it was taking up 2 spaces. The truck could fit in one space no problem, and had only paid for one space. The parking police wrote the owner a ticket because they were using 2 spaces but only paid for one. Parking justice :)

My condo has assigned parking, and my space is right next to the garbage room. I frequently want to ram the cars belonging to lazy people that drive their garbage to the garbage room and block me in while they throw out the trash . . . especially when they act like I'm a huge B for wanting to get my car out.

Anniversary
  • I really enjoy it when idiots with tiny cars park extremely close to my Yukon... I have a toddler and an 8-month old baby who are both in 5-pint harness car seats. It's a pain getting them out when someone is parked so close that I can't open my door!

I have full-coverage insurance... I throw open my door and hit their car! You're just asking to be hit if you park that close to me, and I don't even care.

Oh no! Please don't do this! I have many times been forced to park to close to someone else car because the person on THE OTHER SIDE parked over the line. Some times by the time I come back to my car that car is gone, and now I look like the crazy parker! Remember it could be someone else's fault
  • Ok, here's a truly awful, evil confession- I cheered when my paternal grandmother died.

NOW for the back story:

Grandma came to live with us when I was 2. (Grandad had just died of a heart attack). She had severely advanced Alzheimers. Most of the time she was basically catatonic, but when she was active, she was very mean and nasty to me. She told my father (who she thought was her dead brother) that the hired help (my mom) did a good job around the house, but the help should not be allowed to bring their children to work - direct quote "that damn kid runs around like she owns the place, and I won't stand for it."  More than once my mother caught her scooted down on the couch trying to reach me with her foot to kick me. There's also the memorable occasion she got up, grabbed me by the cheeks (on my face) and started physically shaking me (I was 5). 

Any kind of activity had to be curtailed due to her and her condition (for a 3-4 year old, repeatedly hearing "we have to go because of Grandma" makes the kid very resentful). At one point, I actually promised my mother I wouldn't make her a Grandma because I thought when you became a grandmother you turned into a mean, nasty, bitchy individual.

She died in her sleep when I was six. Mom got me off to school before calling the coroner (she wasn't getting any deader), and picked me up later that day. When she told me Grandma had passed away, I literally drew my arms into my sides with my little fists and said "YES!" My older half sister is scandalized by that story, but she remembers her Gammy as a nice lady. I had no such experience with the woman. Given the circumstances, I think I can be forgiven on this one.
  • @chipmunk145 - when my paternal grandmother died, I was 26. I didn't cheer... but I wasn't the least bit sad. If that makes you feel better ;) 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ok, here's a truly awful, evil confession- I cheered when my paternal grandmother died.

NOW for the back story:

Grandma came to live with us when I was 2. (Grandad had just died of a heart attack). She had severely advanced Alzheimers. Most of the time she was basically catatonic, but when she was active, she was very mean and nasty to me. She told my father (who she thought was her dead brother) that the hired help (my mom) did a good job around the house, but the help should not be allowed to bring their children to work - direct quote "that damn kid runs around like she owns the place, and I won't stand for it."  More than once my mother caught her scooted down on the couch trying to reach me with her foot to kick me. There's also the memorable occasion she got up, grabbed me by the cheeks (on my face) and started physically shaking me (I was 5). 

Any kind of activity had to be curtailed due to her and her condition (for a 3-4 year old, repeatedly hearing "we have to go because of Grandma" makes the kid very resentful). At one point, I actually promised my mother I wouldn't make her a Grandma because I thought when you became a grandmother you turned into a mean, nasty, bitchy individual.

She died in her sleep when I was six. Mom got me off to school before calling the coroner (she wasn't getting any deader), and picked me up later that day. When she told me Grandma had passed away, I literally drew my arms into my sides with my little fists and said "YES!" My older half sister is scandalized by that story, but she remembers her Gammy as a nice lady. I had no such experience with the woman. Given the circumstances, I think I can be forgiven on this one.
    My paternal grandfather was a stubborn bastard on his best days, even before he got old and had a plethora of health issues (my dad has some great stories.) He didn't live with us, but by the time I was born he was consistently ill, and could never remember who I was, let alone that my parents had a child. One story was when I was 2 or 3, I got carsick in his car when we were visiting Florida, and when we got home he "locked" (I just couldn't reach the door handle) me on their back porch and told me that I needed to buy him a new car. I don't know how long I stayed out there, but I remember it felt like hours. He died when I was 8 or 9, and I was the only one of my cousins that didn't cry. They're all 12+ years old than me and remember him when he wasn't cranky and sick, and I think one still kind of holds a grudge that I wasn't devastated at the funeral.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    My maternal grandfather died right after I started college. Considering I know he did awful things to my mom and grandma and that he started prefacing every conversation with how fat I was starting in middle school (I wasn't), I can't say I was too upset, and I didn't attend the funeral. His assets were split in such a way that I got some substantial annuities and frankly he's more use to me dead than alive.

That's probably my most evil confession. He was a pretty awful person though. 
  • @chipmunk145, when my paternal grandmother dies, I will go to her funeral for exactly one reason: to make damn sure she's dead. Without going too deeply into the family drama, she's been horrible to my mother for 30+ years and was a piss-poor mom to my dad. She will not be missed.
  • The work ones are great!! I worked at Applebee's in college and sometimes the bitchface manager would tell us to jump on dishes duty to help out or if it was slow between meals she would tell us to go in the back and scrub the walls. I refused and was the only one to put up a fight about it daily so the manager HATED me. (I'm all about being a team player but when I'm making $2/hr to be a waitress and the dishboy is making $8/hr I am not helping him). I couldn't handle the manager one night and knew I'd be moving to transfer colleges soon, so I quit in her face. I then proceeded to hang out in the Applebee's bar with customers/ regulars. She was trying to kick me out, saying I could not be there. I was like I don't work for you, I can do whatever I want and I can in fact be in this restaurant right now. She said not in that uniform shirt you can't. So I immediately took my shirt off and handed it to her. (I had a tank top underneath!) But she still freaked out and was threatening to call the cops on me if I didn't leave, which didn't bother me. But once she started punishing co-workers for talking to me and high fiving me, then I left for their sake. The GM was there that night but just watched it all go down and wanted to see how his manager would handle it.

Cut to 4 months later, I move to my new college city over an hour away. I walk into the Applebee's to apply for a job (I knew it was a longshot but what the hell!). The server says sure let me get the GM. And out walks the same GM.....he was like You-Get out! hahahahah Whatever it was a bridge worth burning.

One time when I went in the back to box up a customer's hardly eaten steak, I accidentally dropped it on the floor. I asked the cook to throw on a new one. I went out to the table and explained what happened and that it would be 10 minutes for the new steak to go. She was so thankful that I did not give her floor steak, she left me an insane tip.

• I've got an evil confession after realizing it today during my lunch break. If someone is sharking me in the parking lot and being super obnoxious about it, like following me slowly behind me while I walk to my car, I will intentionally sit in my car and touch up my make up, or text on my phone, hell even play Candy Crush, and not leave for a few minutes, just to piss them off. I get that everyone wants a good parking spot (or even any parking spot when it's busy around the holidays for instance) but don't be annoying about it.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    ckel24 said:
    I've got an evil confession after realizing it today during my lunch break. If someone is sharking me in the parking lot and being super obnoxious about it, like following me slowly behind me while I walk to my car, I will intentionally sit in my car and touch up my make up, or text on my phone, hell even play Candy Crush, and not leave for a few minutes, just to piss them off. I get that everyone wants a good parking spot (or even any parking spot when it's busy around the holidays for instance) but don't be annoying about it.
    I've never heard it called sharking, but I do the same thing! This happened to me all the time when I was in college. It's uber creepy to have someone stalk you in their car, so I'd hop in, lock the doors, and just chill for a few. 

I have an alumni membership to my college gym and still do this, actually. That's the only place it's ever been a problem. 

PS - I am glad it has a funny name, now. Sharking! 

• My grandmother's mom passed away about 3 years ago. She was the sweetest and kindest woman and she really held our family together. A year or so ago I was at a party with my GRANDFATHER's mom who is a miserable old bad and she said something nasty to me. I called my grandmother crying and said "I wished she had died instead of your mom"...I still mean it to this day...
    Anniversary
  • Sharking made me immediately think of this...image
  • Oh, I have another (work related) one! I got a manager written up (and possibly was the reason she was fired!) during my first job working retail at age 17. I worked for a small clothing store in a mall, and normally only 2-3 employees were needed for the entire store on any given shift. It was also normally one manager and 1-2 sales associates. There were 3 managers, one was the GM and the other two were assistant managers. I always had a bad feeling about the one assistant manager, but didn't know why until one night when I was the only sales associate, and she was the only manager. She was in charge of all the accessories in the store, and had just gotten a new shipment of jewelry in that day.

When I arrived for my shift that evening, the GM was still there, and just about to head out for the day. He placed me on register (which was my favorite thing to do), so that she could work on putting the new jewelry out on the floor.  He leaves, so I work on folding some clothes since it's a slow night. Well, an hour into my shift, a customer comes in and makes a large purchase (probably 30-40 different pieces of clothing and accessories). I am halfway through ringing her out, and the assistant manager walks over to the register, grabs the "Register Closed" sign off the other register, places it on the register that I am on, in front of the customer, and walks back to her jewelry wall to keep organizing, without saying a word. The store was still open for another hour and a half, and I think both my jaw and the customer's jaw hit the floor. I gather my thoughts again, move the sign, apologize to the customer, and continue ringing her out. I made sure to let the GM know about this incident, and he informed me that she was written up for this.

I think I may have also had a hand in getting her fired, but that was as a result of her being the reason that I quit that job.  I tried to work there during 12th grade (got it as a summer job, planned to work through the rest of the year). Well, my high school changed the time that they let school out that year, and it was pushed back to 3:10 pm. The evening shift was normally 3-10 pm. I made sure to inform all of the managers that I couldn't get out of school until 3:10 pm, and the store was a 15-20 minute drive from school. The GM and other assistant manager told me to just get there as soon as I could, which is always what I did. The assistant manager that I didn't like didn't seem to understand, even though I would repeat it to her everytime. Well, one day, in October, I am getting into my car after school on my way to work, and see that I have a voicemail from the store's phone number. I listen to it, and it is the same assistant manager screaming at me for not being there at 3 pm (I couldn't even hold the phone up to my ear...literally screaming). I immediately called the GM and quit that day, because my education was a lot more important then a retail job. I later found out from one of the other sales associates that she was fired very soon after that :).

• Aw. Campus parking was such a mess at my school that if someone was sharking me I'd wave them on to let them know I wasn't leaving or point out my car so that they could get to it before anyone else got there. Parking at that school is REALLY ridiculously awful though.
  • All these stories about terrible sick grandparents make me so sad!  My grandmothers were both still in their 40's when I was born, grandfathers only in early 50's-- with the exception of my mom's stepdad who was my favorite, was much older, and sadly died when I was 7.  But I still have my grandmas and one granddad, and they are all still active and healthy.  I remember my grandparents working, being active, exercising.  My Pop-Pop used to ride a Harley and still goes hunting in his free time.  My grandmas are still only in their mid-70s.  I don't like to see them slowing down now, but I really value that I've had so much good time with them and I remember them in their prime.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @JC, for the record, I have an adopted grandma who is currently 92 and absolutely adorable. I call her at least once per week to chat, and took DH (back when he was BF) to meet her in Pennsylvania.

Another evil confession

You know those jerks on the highway? The ones going at least 15 miles over the 70 mph speed limit, (even in bad weather) who weave in and out, ride right up on you in the slow lane, make nasty faces/gestures/comments in the side and review mirrors/windows? The ones who make travel on the roads all that more difficult?

I wave parade queen slow at them when they get caught in the speed traps (that I know about) and get pulled over.
  • chibiyui said:

Confession: I think some of my friends' babies are ugly.

Truth: Most babies are ugly. Some grow out of it. 
    Oh I totally agree about newborns. But these are technically toddlers. I have to just say they look sweet because I can't call them cute.

• @JC, for the record, I have an adopted grandma who is currently 92 and absolutely adorable. I call her at least once per week to chat, and took DH (back when he was BF) to meet her in Pennsylvania.

Another evil confession

You know those jerks on the highway? The ones going at least 15 miles over the 70 mph speed limit, (even in bad weather) who weave in and out, ride right up on you in the slow lane, make nasty faces/gestures/comments in the side and review mirrors/windows? The ones who make travel on the roads all that more difficult?

I wave parade queen slow at them when they get caught in the speed traps (that I know about) and get pulled over.
    Ooo I have another confession that @Chipmunk415 reminded me about! If someone is driving like an asshole and weaving in and out of traffic, I'll get ahead of them if I can and pull up alongside someone going slow and match their speed, just to piss off the asshole driver behind me because now they're stuck. Did this last night on my way home from work. Prevented someone from driving recklessly AND got immense satisfaction from making them pissy.
  • I did not mourn maternal grandfather at all. He tormented his disabled wife and all of his children, was abusive and manipulative, shot all the family dogs in a fit of rage, turned a blind eye to his oldest son molesting his half sister (my mother) and beat my autistic brother with a cane for asking "what?" He was nice to me because I was "normal" but always punished my brother for being different. It pisses me off that he lived longest while all 3 good grandparents died while I was young.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards