Flowers

What do you think of this idea

I finally decided on centerpieces, but I thought I would get some outside opinions because everyone I know just keeps telling me everything I choose is beautiful. While it's nice, it's not quite helpful :) So the first picture with the wine corks will be the base of the centerpiece (it will be larger though), but instead of the bouquet of flowers in the middle we were going to do potted orchids in the center. I thought it would be nice because it would add some height without blocking anyone's view and people could take the orchids home and keep them if they wanted. What do you think?

Re: What do you think of this idea

• I think it is simple and elegant but I would not do the corks (personally not a fan).

We did a traditional centerpiece and bought the vases from the Dollar Tree so that we didn't have to worry about returning rental vases to the florist.  We gave most of our centerpieces away and people loved that they got to take fresh flowers home.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
    AprilH81 said:

I think it is simple and elegant but I would not do the corks (personally not a fan).

We did a traditional centerpiece and bought the vases from the Dollar Tree so that we didn't have to worry about returning rental vases to the florist.  We gave most of our centerpieces away and people loved that they got to take fresh flowers home.

We are doing the corks because we have a little splash of a wine theme and it goes with it. We need something in the vase to cover up the plain pots that the orchids come in and I'm not really a fan of colored vase fillers. I can't really think of anything else, but I would open to suggestions of what to put in there.
  • i love it! Orchids are one of my favorite plants (i grow them) and would be absolutely lovely. You can usually find a flowering Phalaenopsis for about $15-$20, which is a really reasonable price for almost your entire centerpiece!

I think the cork would work well - it gives it a slightly rustic, yet organic in color look to  the centerpiece, offering texture where you would usually just see a pot.
  • I like the corks as well.  We're hoping to get married at a winery so when we were thinking we would do our own decorating corks were going to be part of it! 

• love this idea! what about orchids in wine bottles?
    this pic isn't great, but i think it could be a cool idea if done rightimage
  • @ashdash22 - We had talked about that, but we are doing full size bottles of wine as our favors so there will already be 8 bottles of wine on the table. We thought wine bottle centerpieces would be a little too much.
  • I love the orchids! 
  • love the orchids!
  • Orchids are so elegant and I think that the corks goes perfect with you theme! Rock on!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like the tall orchids out of a simple vase. The cork idea has potential. I think the cork one would look better if the corks were neatly stacked Jenga style on each other, instead of looking like they were thrown in.
  • I like the tall orchids out of a simple vase. The cork idea has potential. I think the cork one would look better if the corks were neatly stacked Jenga style on each other, instead of looking like they were thrown in.
    They will probably be stacked just because of the amount of room between the vase and the pot that the orchid is in.
  • @tammym1001 I like the orchid idea better, and think it will be less stress for a wedding that's 3 weeks out. The cork idea is fun, though! Maybe maybe some for your home?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards