Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Rustic/Barn Wedding Venues

I am a recent college grad who is looking to have a rustic/barn wedding that will not break my budget.  If anyone knows of any decently priced barns or rustic wedding venues near Pittsburgh (Preferably EAST of the city b/c my fiance's family is from central PA) I would greatly appreciate any info you can share with me.  

Re: Rustic/Barn Wedding Venues

• edited December 2011
    Check out my venue if you want a rustic/barn setting. i'm having my reception at Bell's Banquets http://www.bellsbanquets.com . It's in Mount Pleasant, PA, so its definitely east. Packages start at $45/pp. it includes food, bar, hors douevres, tax and gratuity, as well as a few other things. Its stunning.
  • edited December 2011
    Looks beautiful.  Thank You!
  • Tara5384Tara5384 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Bell's, but it was too small.  We went with Millcreek in Ligonier, which is also very reasonably priced.
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bell's is beautiful! I've heard their food is wonderful! I went and looked at the venue but it was honestly too small! I also felt like the reception was too short! They only allot you 5 hours and 4 hours bar time. Good luck!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • desireeb31desireeb31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Millcreek used to be run by Ligonier Tavern but they have recently went with Carons Catering.  I booked my wedding for Millcreek with Ligonier Tavern back in March 2011 for Sept 2012 and just got the news the landlord did not renew Ligonier Taverns lease with Millcreek.  In order for me to still have my reception there I have to pay the landlord $1500.00 on top of what I'd pay Ligonier Tavern.  That was money I did not have in the budget and was a surprise so I am thoroughly disapointed with the landlord of Millcreek (now it is called The Barn at Ligonier Valley).  I am not disapointed with Ligonier Tavern though I think they should pay the whole $1500.00 as I have already signed a contract. 
  • desireeb31desireeb31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am now looking to book somewhere else and Bell's is an option.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they will have an open date as a lot of places for fall 2012 are already booked.  Not how I envisioned my wedding planning to go!
  • edited December 2011
     We just had a BEAUTIFUL Reception at Bells Banquet Barn! Everyone raved about the Food & the Beautiful Barn itself. Those 11 Crystal Chandeliers in the rustic barn setting were Gorgeous! Ian was Awesome to work with! So accomodating! Can't imagine Anything Better!
    The Price was Amazing for all we got too!!! All Inclusive, No Hidden Charges!

• Hi, I am in a major pickle right now. The venue for my reception fell through and I have only 9 months to find a new rustic/ barnish venue in the greater Pittsburgh area. All of the major players are taken. Does anyone have any hole in the wall places around cranberry, wexford, etc that would not be booked? I have called everyone! PLEASE HELP!!
  • Elias Fry Barn in Wexford. in Knob Park
    Not sure the size wedding you are having though:
  • Rose Barn in North Park. That's where I'm having mine. It was only $300
  • I'm having my reception at The Barn at Ligonier Valley  (Ligonier, PA) through Carson's catering (Scottdale).  It's gorgeous there.  Hope this helps. 
  • Betsy' Barn in Portersville is very beautiful.

http://www.cheesemanfarm.com/index.php/betsybarn
  • Check out Destiny Hill Farm in Washington PA! BEAUTIFUL!!
  • The Harmony Historical Society rents their beautifully restored barn.

• I'm getting married at the White Barn in Prospect. Whitebarn.us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards