New Jersey - South

Shuttle service

The hotel where we have a block of rooms doesn't provide a shuttle.  We've been looking into getting one, but we don't really need or want one for a 5 hour block or whatever.  We just want one to do a run (or two, probably won't even need that) from the hotel to the reception and then from the reception back to the hotel.  We don't have a huge amount of people staying at the hotel, but we still want to provide a shuttle if we can.  It seems like no company will do this, instead we would have to book it for a minimum amount of hours.  Any suggestions? 

Re: Shuttle service

• Not as glamorous as the limo companies can provide, but have you looked into school bus companies?  

We used Zark's limo, but not for a shuttle service like you are wanting.   They did have more plain shuttles, than the limo bus we rented, so maybe they can work with you.  I did not find them advertised anywhere - someone told me about them.

If you can't find an affordable company, maybe you can rent passenger vans from a car rental company.  Then hire a few people, who wouldn't have been invited to the wedding otherwise, to drive the shuttles.
  • I'm not too concerned with what it looks like, since it's not like it's fancy transportation for me and my fiance.  I feel like a school bus will just be too big, although I guess you can rent the small ones?  I'm talking about maybe 20 people and the hotel is 4 and a half miles from the venue.  I wonder if I could just get a taxi van type thing and arrange for it to be there at the right times?  I don't really mind just paying for however many hours of service it is as long as it's not like 700 bucks or something. 

The vans are a good suggestion I just can't think of who I could hire to drive them.  Ugh.  Should I just forget this?  I don't think it's something I HAVE to do but I think it would be nice.
  • This is not anything you HAVE to have for your guests.  It's just a nice bonus for them.  I would try getting some quotes from a taxi company since the amount of guests isn't too high.  You know the pick up and drop off point, any decent cab company should be able to give you a quote for that distance.
  • Yeah that's what I am thinking of doing now.  Thanks for the help!
  • We used a school bus for my friend's wedding. I think she said it was around $100. I can find out the name of the company if you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards