Not Engaged Yet

We All Made It To Another Friday!

13»

Re: We All Made It To Another Friday!

• Hi ladies!!

Surgery went well.  I get to get rid of 'mummy hand' soon (I'll take off the wrapping after we get home from FI's eye appointment).  It doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, it feels like a bad cut that got a little salt in it.  Most importantly - MY THUMB BENDS AGAIN!!!!  I'll be able to use scissors and my can opener and do a whole bunch of other tasks I had to modify again!! 

I saw a question or two pop up.  Nobody knows what causes trigger finger (or in my case trigger thumb).  Usually the whole finger does not lock up like mine did but you get a 'clicking' when you bend/straighten your finger - I never had that just slight pain at the joint.  It used to be thought that over use causes it, but they don't know. 

The whole procedure took like 8 minutes, it took them longer to have me fill out the paperwork!  They numbed my thumb and made a few cuts and stitched a few stitches and sent me on my way (they 'tented' me so I couldn't watch).

I read everybody's posts - so I hope all you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

Anniversary
  • Glad the surgery went well and you're not in too much pain @Dignity100! How awesome to get "average daily living" back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards