Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal shower rsvps

My Maid of Honor told me that a few people did not RSVP yes or no to the bridal shower coming up.  The rsvp date was a week ago.  Should she call them to ask if they are coming or not?  Is that ok to do?  Also, my mom offered to call her relatives. Would that be ok?  

Re: Bridal shower rsvps

• yes.  The hostess deserves to know a final head count.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridal-shower-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2fb8ef2e-5e32-4ce5-9e13-198597e16b7cPost:e3392998-7569-40e7-94bb-15927df3b5aa">Re: Bridal shower rsvps</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes.  The hostess deserves to know a final head count.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's past the rsvp deadline and the hostess does need to knwo how many people are coming. And I think it's really nice of your mom to offer to help call the relatives.
  • I was surprised at how many people didn't RSVP for DD's shower a few weeks ago. I contacted all of those who did not RSVP to find out whether they were coming or not, rather than having the bridesmaids find time to do it (bridesmaid's hosted the shower). 

I have to say that it does cause me concern for how many people might be as rude for the wedding invitations - I envision a lot of emails/phone calls to get a hold of people that don't bother to respond.

• What I find rude is the amount of people who don't RSVP when my daughter has gone to all of their previous wedding showers baby showers and wedding and she is very generous to boot. No one likes to give up a Saturday but try to reciprocate accordingly.
  • This is a zombie thread, almost four years old. Also, no one is required to go to a shower, though not responding is rude

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No shit Sherlock. Really no one is required to go to a shower?
  • Whoa @figaro01 that response was a little uncalled for.
  • pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    What I find rude is the amount of people who don't RSVP when my daughter has gone to all of their previous wedding showers baby showers and wedding and she is very generous to boot. No one likes to give up a Saturday but try to reciprocate accordingly.
    To me that implied that you wanted them to be as generous or attend like she did. If that is not what you meant to imply, why bring up her attending their parties and being generous, then say they should reciprocate?  

ETA: Also we get a lot of ladies here demanding to know why so-and-so RSVP no and can they uninvite them, kick them out of the wedding party, and all sorts of other shit. So it wasn't so far-fetched that someone else might be complaining about the same thing.

KnotPorscha this thread needs locked. It is way old.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards