Michigan-Detroit

Need help! Chocolate covered caramel apples

Hey Ladies,

We're having a September wedding and for the favors we were completely set on doing chocolate covered caramel apples. I have an exact picture in my mind of a yummy granny smith topped with caramel, dipped in milk chocolate and decorated with white chocolate drizzle. I have seen these exact apples before, but now that I am searching I cannot seem to figure out where people are getting them!
I tried Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, who has a good rep, but I found the apples way too crazy and not very tasty and was looking for something more simple and elegant than smothered with five different candies. We live in Michigan here, we're supposed to be all about apples, but I don't know how I can't find a good one. I wanted to do Yates Cider Mill or Blake's, but the issue there is they don't do chocolate covered.
So, getting down to it. Has anyone bought any delicious, simple caramel chocolate covered apples anywhere in the Metro Detroit area? Has anyone does this as a favor for your wedding or are you planning to?

Thanks!

Re: Need help! Chocolate covered caramel apples

• We have a lot of orchards in Romeo. I'm not sure if any of them do them there, but Juliet Chocolate does chocolate caramel apples in the fall. They have a picture of it on their website.
    http://www.julietchocolates.com/caramel-favorites/
    It doesn't really look exactly like you described, but I have heard that they are very accommodating and take requests. You could try to see if they would do it like you're imagining. I work in Romeo and haven't heard anything bad about Juliet Chocolate.
  • Jellie26 said:
    Hey Ladies,

We're having a September wedding and for the favors we were completely set on doing chocolate covered caramel apples. I have an exact picture in my mind of a yummy granny smith topped with caramel, dipped in milk chocolate and decorated with white chocolate drizzle. I have seen these exact apples before, but now that I am searching I cannot seem to figure out where people are getting them!
    I tried Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, who has a good rep, but I found the apples way too crazy and not very tasty and was looking for something more simple and elegant than smothered with five different candies. We live in Michigan here, we're supposed to be all about apples, but I don't know how I can't find a good one. I wanted to do Yates Cider Mill or Blake's, but the issue there is they don't do chocolate covered.
    So, getting down to it. Has anyone bought any delicious, simple caramel chocolate covered apples anywhere in the Metro Detroit area? Has anyone does this as a favor for your wedding or are you planning to?

Thanks!
    Sorry that you didn't like Rocky Mountain. We used to get them as gifts when I worked for a law firm, and we never had a bad experience with them, and they would customize them. That was about 7 years ago though so maybe things have changed. Have you tried Sanders or Sees or other local candy stores to see if they do them? They might source the apples locally which would kill a few birds with one stone. 
  • That is the best idea ever! What if a family friend made them? I bet that would cut down on costs :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards