Chit Chat

the honeyfund strikes again

I was talking to my coworker this morning, and he mentioned that he had to show me how other friends of his set up their registry because it was just so cool.

It was a honeymoon site, so since they're an established couple, he could pay for their activities on their honeymoon.

< Facepalm >

I had to burst his bubble a little bit by asking if he paid the site directly or cut them a check. He paid the site. I had to explain that the sites take a percentage and they don't even book the activities.

I don't think he's too bothered; he didn't know how it worked. He's still happy to contribute to their honeymoon, anyway.  

Re: the honeyfund strikes again

• I actually would love to set up a "honeyfund" with a travel agent to REALLY book the excursions. That would actually be a cool idea.

If someone set up a site that didn't lie, I bet it'd make a ton!
  • I had this exact conversation with a coworker on Friday. He didn't seem to realize there were fees involved, and thought it would be so much more polite to let people know exactly what the money was spent on instead of potentially just being used to pay bills. 

"Fees aside, you're still asking for money, which is rude." 
    "But everyone knows people like cash for wedding gifts, and most people give cash anyway, so what's the harm in telling people what it will be spent on?" 
    "If everyone knows people like cash, why bother asking for it? They know." 

Blank stare...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards