Wedding Reception Forum

No Bridal Party, How should seating chart work?

I am not having a bridal party in my wedding and we are expecting about 70 guests. I am really not interested in sitting at a sweetheart table, does anyone have any ideas of where my fiancé and I should sit? They are round tables with 8 guests per table. Ideas?

Thanks

Re: No Bridal Party, How should seating chart work?

• emz101 said:

I am not having a bridal party in my wedding and we are expecting about 70 guests. I am really not interested in sitting at a sweetheart table, does anyone have any ideas of where my fiancé and I should sit? They are round tables with 8 guests per table. Ideas?

Thanks

You could have both sets of parents and/or siblings sit with you.  Or, if you both have a shared group of friends, you could sit with them.  

I did a sweetheart table and liked it though.  We weren't "on display".....everyone was just eating and nobody bothered us.  It also gave DH and I time to sit and chat with just each other about the day so far.  Those alone moments are few and far between that day, so I'm glad we did a sweetheart table. 
  • We sat our parents with their families so they could catch up and chat. We sat at the only table where there was room, which happened to be with my mother-in-law, her partner, and her brother and his family. We only sat there briefly because we spent most of the reception table hopping. Fortunately, we don't have families who'd get pissed off that we "chose sides."
  • @JoanE2012 I never thought about that aspect of a sweetheart table, I always thought it would feel like we were disconnected from our guests. When you mention it gave you time to talk about your day, suddenly it doesn't seem so bad. Thanks for giving me another point of view to consider.
  • We do have a bridal party, but we will probably sit a table with MOH and her date, Best Man and his date, and our officiant and his date of we don't do a sweetheart table. If our tables seat 10, our very dear friend/ DOC and partner will probably be at that table. We'll probably sit with our dear friends, then put my mom with family (brother, sis in law and their kids, my grandparents, and his mom with his family- out of town siblings and their kids) at tables very nearby.
  • We are only having a MOH and Best Man - and we're doing a sweetheart table. I had a friend who didn't have any bridal party at all and she and her wife sat with their parents. Another couple I know sat with friends who live far away and never get to see. 
  • We had a wedding party, but H and I sat with our parents and my sis/BIL/niece because my sis was the MOH.  The rest of the wedding party was spread out with others that they knew or were friends with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards