October 2014 Weddings

Monogrammed Gifts - Need your opinions!

Hello! Was hoping to get some opinions... looking to get a monogrammed gift for my bridesmaids, however the personalization for the item I'm Interested in only allows one letter.

Do I use the initial of the 1st name or the last name? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Re: Monogrammed Gifts - Need your opinions!

• I would probably use first initial, mostly because two of my bridesmaids are engaged and will be changing last name soon. But i think generally when you get something with just the one letter its supposed to be your first name initial. Probably doesn't matter either way, but personally I would do first :)
  • Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too... my maid of honor is the only one of my bridesmaids not married yet, but she's engaged - didn't want to get the initial of her last name since it'll be changing soon and wansn't sure of protocol :)
  • I'm not a fan of matching, monogrammed gifts for the wedding party.

I'd recommend shopping for each BM as if you were buying her a birthday or Christmas gift.  MAke the gifts unique, and persoanl to each BM.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I would say first initial of their first name, since it will never change :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  This is really the best advice on this topic. Seriously.

I'm not a fan of matching, monogrammed gifts for the wedding party.

I'd recommend shopping for each BM as if you were buying her a birthday or Christmas gift.  MAke the gifts unique, and persoanl to each BM.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have had mixed feelings about the brides maid gifts as far as matching them. I knew I wanted them all to wear matching jewelry and hair clips, so I have already purchased and made those things, along with little bridesmaid mini emergency kits for each girl. I do agree it's a nice idea to have unique gifts for each of them, so I'm still thinking of adding and extra gift, but I'm worried one girl might like the other girls gift better... Any thoughts on this? Should I just give those personal gifts to them one by one, so they don't know who got what!?
  • I'd say do just the first initial. But personall, I'd prefer something non-monogrammed myself. Just because you like it and think it's cute doesn't mean that they do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards