Maryland

BBQ Style food Catering

Hey ladies!

I'm on the hunt for a caterer. Here's what I'm looking for
- Buffet or possibly family style
- Around $20/pp or less
- Comfort BBQ Foods

So it can be a less conventional caterer, not looking for $80/p filet mignon & top shelf bar. Let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BBQ Style food Catering

• Where in MD are you located?  Are you near a Famous Dave's?  That would be a good option.  You would just need to hire a few servers to help keep the buffet area clean and stocked with food.

Also Mission BBQ has a few different locations and does catering.  I have heard only great things about their food.

• I'm actually in PA but the wedding is being held in Frederick MD. I'll check those 2 options out, thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beeflo bobs in Severn they just did rehearsal dinner I went to last week there menu is on there site.
  • Have you tried looking into food trucks?  Most of them cater on site and for much MUCH less than a typical caterer.  My venue doesn't have a kitchen so that's why I started researching other options.  I thought food truck would be good since it's basically a mobile kitchen.  

Here is the link...There are some that specifically do BBQ
  • Also I noticed their food tended to be of better quality than a typical caterer.  
  • After I saw the post from @Maggie0829 I contacted Mission BBQ and now they're our caterer. Thanks Maggie!  Our venue also does not have a refrigerator.  We ordered pulled pork, sliced turkey, mac n cheese, coleslaw, slider rolls, and cornbread.  All that, plus delivery and 2 staffers (which also includes chafing dishes and a few other things) for 4 hours, was around $1200-1300 for 110 people.  My mom is a chef and will be providing a few other things for us (kielbasa, meatballs, etc.) and that's not including drinks.  They were also very quick to respond to us from the Perry Hall location.

Other caterers we looked at were Appleton and Bachetti's.  Both have BBQ options, but for us, Mission was much less expensive and they were the quickest to respond to all our our inquiries.  I filled out their contact request at night, had a response by 11 the next morning, and had my quote a few hours later.

• If you are choosing Mission BBQ you HAVE to get the creamed corn side. You will thank me for this. It is divine.

OP- Check out CarterQue in Mount Airy, MD (about 20 minutes east of Frederick). They have really good BBQ and I'm pretty sure they offer catering services.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards