Michigan-Northern

Traverse City Wedding

Anyone have suggestions on where to do makeup/updos for the wedding? I was looking into the aveda salons... Also, has anyone been to a super great rehearsal dinner? We're debating between Stellas and Red Ginger... Opinions?? THANKS :):):)

Re: Traverse City Wedding

• nstraversenstraverse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, I am getting married in May and have reserved Epiphany Salon as our Salon. I have been told great things by them and have had a great experience with several of the ladies that work there while they were doing my hair on a regular basis. So I would refer them. Either Downtown or East. They are both great.Along the lines of the dinner, I have not been to Stellas and have only been to Red Ginger once. I really like their downstairs private room. The food was okay but not great.(I was pregnant at the time so that might be the reason why too.) To me, it depends on what kind of 'theme' you are going with would help determine the place for your dinner. Red Ginger is more Asian type food but still a great atmosphere downstairs.Hope this helps! And Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for responding!! I will probably end up booking with Epiphany too...

We have a secret garden meets breakfast at tiffanys feel for our wedding... so I'm thinking that Stella's will work best for the rehearsal dinner :) it is delicious! 

where in traverse are you getting married?? And congrats to you too!!!!
  • megandryan24megandryan24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were originally looking @ the Grand Traverse as our wedding area, I would recommend looking there for your rehearsal dinner. They have a restaurant on the 16th floor of the hotel tower called Aerie, it has fantastic food! Above the restaurant on the 17th floor there is a private space, accessible by a spiral staircase from the 16th floor lounge side of the Aerie restaurant. I know that you can reserve it for a rehearsal dinner!

It has absolutely beautiful views of the Grand Traverse Bay, it's amazing. I would recommend that more than any other location I've visited in Traverse City!

Good luck with your planning!! Smile
  • TRAVERSE CITY - HOLIDAY INN WEST

WARNING - I just spent 4 months negotiating our contract only to find out that they are likely being bought out and they decided to cancel our contract and have to replan my entire wedding. Beware!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards