Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Is this enough food for rehearsal dinner?

Sorry, I never host parties or get togethers so I really have no judge on how much people eat!! And I don't want to go too nuts (both for budget and leftovers going to waste while I'm gone on honeymoon). Is this ok?

15 adults, 1 toddler- no vegetarians or dietary restrictions

• 1- garden salad (says serves 10)
  • 1- cheese party pizza yields 24 squares
  • 1- pepperoni party pizza yields 24 squares
  • 3 side orders mozzarella sticks (8 each total 24)
  • 3 side orders french fries
  • 3 side orders garlic bread
  • drinks/ soda

Re: Is this enough food for rehearsal dinner?

• I would get rid of the french fries and possibly the mozzarella sticks and add a second salad and at LEAST 2 more pizzas.

I doubt those pizza squares are that big and most people will eat more pizza than anything else.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I would add another salad and at least one more pizza, perhaps a vegetable option or another plain. You should have enough salad for everyone. 
  • Ok thank you so much!! 

• Double the salad.

3 more pizzas, including one with veggies. Maybe 4 more, depending on the size of the squares. I'd do minimum 5 large pizzas cut in traditional wedges for 15 people, so you need the equivalent of that.

Nix the fries, especially if this is carry out/delivery. Cold fries are gross.

1-2 extra orders of cheese sticks, but these are also gross as carry out.

Plenty of pizza, salad, and garlic bread plus beverages and dessert should do you fine.
  • The recommended "serving sizes" on things like salad never come out when it's serve yourself. People naturally over-serve themselves. So if it's a family-style that serves 10, assume 5-7.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards