Vermont

Where to buy my dress?

Hi everyone!
My fiancee and I are planning an October 2014 wedding, so I need to get on this dress business ASAP.  I currently live in the Burlington area, but we are actually planning on getting married in Concord, NH (where Im from).  I guess I have two questions:
 a) should I be looking at buying a dress here at home (VT) or closer to where we will get married?  Initially I was thinking it makes more sense to buy here so that I can deal with alterations and all that a little bit easier.  
b) Can any of you recommend a place to go?  I've asked friends and they seem to all have gone to David's Bridal in S. Burlington.  I've heard some terrible things about that store so I'm hesitant.  Other than David's, are there any places I should definitely plan to go to?

I'm so new to all of this, so I really appreciate any advice from those of you who have "been there" already.  Thanks!

Re: Where to buy my dress?

• I got mine at Needlemans in S Burlington, I was surprised by their selection, not totally huge but I managed to find a few I really ended up liking.
  • TheksopTheksop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014
    I had a really good experience with Fiori's in Essex Junction. Looks really classy, but it's not a snooty place at all, and they have some gorgeous dresses!

I figure unless you're moving out to NH, and you're doing it well before the wedding, it doesn't make tons of sense to get a dress out there. 

Good luck with the search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards