Chit Chat

XP: Southern (Specifically SC) snacks for gift bags

I posted this on the local board as well, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic. I was hoping one of you fine ladies might be able to help me out.  I'm having my wedding in Hilton Head this August and I am thinking about what I want to put in my welcome bags that people will get on arrival to the hotel. I'd like to do a chip/cookie that comes in individual packaging that is local (or semi-local, almost no guests are familiar with the south very much at all) and interesting. Any suggestions??

Re: XP: Southern (Specifically SC) snacks for gift bags

• Benne wafers are VERY South Carolina, and I think they're delicious. They are tiny, too, about bite-sized, so a small bag would equate to one cookie.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Peaches will still be in season I think. I would see if you can get some fresh ones for the bags. I know Georgia is technically the peach state ( I live there, so I know)...but I think SC has suprassed Georgia in peach production. Plus they are omfg delicious! Peaches from anywhere else just don't compare.

See if you can find a baker who makes pecan pie bars or cookies that use pecans. They are VERY southern and incredibly delicious!

• Pralines and/or candied Pecans.

Market Street Sweets (also known as River Street Sweets) makes my favorite of all time.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Yes to the candied pecans! I'm a native South Carolinian and I can never get enough of those. Boiled peanuts are another personal favorite.
     Actually, I'd never heard of benne wafers but I'm from the upstate and it looks like that's more of a Charleston thing, so those would work as well.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sweet tea! 
  • AzAnnieAzAnnie member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    Moon pies! I love those things!
  • Another vote for pralines!
  • Pecans! I love pecans. Send me some too.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @simky906 eeeeeeeew I hate boiled peanuts! lol

• @jenna8984 lol, I suppose those aren't everyone's cup of tea but that just leaves more for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards