Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Multiple cake flavors

This came to mind after reading another thread.

The logistics of multiple flavored tiers/cakes.

We are having a 4 tier cake + 1 sheet cake. The top tier will be "ours" to freeze, so technically we will be serving 3 tiers + sheet cake. The 3 tiers and sheet cake are all different flavors. Our current guest list is at 182 (no invites sent yet), and I believe we are at 200+ servings for cake. 

Are we going to face a logistical nightmare of offering multiple flavors and every guest wanting multiple pieces of cake?? We love cake so we wanted different flavors, and to please all cake eaters... now I'm worried this is going to bite us in the ass. Thoughts??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Multiple cake flavors

• I have been to a lot of weddings that had multiple flavors of cake to choose from.  At these weddings the cake was sliced and the slices placed on a table for guests to just go up and grab a piece of their choosing. Honestly, even though I love cake I either eat one slice or none.  I have never taken a second slice (I am usually too busy dancing and drinking at that point).

I think as long as you have enough cake (and you do) for each guest to have a slice then you are fine.

• You should be fine, even if you have 100% rsvp yes. 

We had a buffet of 3 desserts put out later in the evening and we had enough for 1.5 per guest and there were leftovers at the end of the night. 

I love dessert but I am not a huge cake fan so if it was ordinary flavors I would have 1 slice.  But if the flavors were interesting enough I might have 2.  If I was starving from too small of portions/bad food there is no telling how many slices I might eat...

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I feel like most people expect only to have one slice of cake.  It's when you do a dessert buffet that people are more likely to take more.  

ETA: DH and I would probably each take a different flavor and then share.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • scribe95 said:
    I think one piece is normal. The last wedding I went to the servers came around with cake and I asked for chocolate. She had both on her tray but white in her hand. She put the white in front of me and said I couldn't choose. Rude.
    Extremely
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do think people are more likely to take one of each if there are multiples... but it probably won't be more than 20 people +however many don't want cake. You should be safe.

• We also have 3 different flavors and over-estimated on the number of servings (better to have too much cake then not enough!). Some people may try different flavors but I think you'll be ok. I think it's highly likely that couples may share their pieces in order to try 2 different flavors.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards