Options

kids ruining the moment!?!?!?

2»

Re: kids ruining the moment!?!?!?

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    jdluvr06 said:
    I'm going to throw this out there. If I knew someone who had unruly children and did nothing about it (chances are the kid is unruly because the parent does nothing about it) then I probably wouldn't invite the parents to anything either. In my circle kids are always part of invitations and if your kid doesn't behave and isn't welcomed then neither are the parents.
    Even if kids are behaving, that doesn't mean everyone wants to include them.  But yes, if they are included, they need to behave at all times.  And if they don't, the parents need to step in and put a stop to their misconduct.  And if they don't, then I agree that the parents shouldn't be invited either.
  • Options
    jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    jdluvr06 said:
    I'm going to throw this out there. If I knew someone who had unruly children and did nothing about it (chances are the kid is unruly because the parent does nothing about it) then I probably wouldn't invite the parents to anything either. In my circle kids are always part of invitations and if your kid doesn't behave and isn't welcomed then neither are the parents.
    Even if kids are behaving, that doesn't mean everyone wants to include them.  But yes, if they are included, they need to behave at all times.  And if they don't, the parents need to step in and put a stop to their misconduct.  And if they don't, then I agree that the parents shouldn't be invited either.
    I know that not everyone always includes kids but it is the norm in my group that kids are invited to everything. I hadn't heard of kid free weddings until I joined this board so it is still a little bit of foreign concept for me but to each their own. I honestly just get irritated when people start to complain about kids that misbehave all the time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know it is irritating when kids throw tantrums and are allowed to do so but my first instinct is to complain about the parents. Lol.

ETA: I'm not trying to say anything bad about kid free weddings or anything like that I just really can't stand it when people blame the kids. Most of the times it isn't the kids fault it is the parents.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    jdluvr06 said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    I know that not everyone always includes kids but they it is the norm in my group that kids are invited to everything. I hadn't heard of kid free weddings until I joined this board so it is still a little bit of foreign concept for me but to each their own. I honestly just get irritated when people start to complain about kids that misbehave all the time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know it is irritating when kids throw tantrums and are allowed to do so but my first instinct is to complain about the parents. Lol.
    No, I agree with you about the parents.  It would seem that if their kids can't behave that the parents aren't doing their job.  But unfortunately it seems to happen more frequently than any of us would like.  
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    I know that not everyone always includes kids but they it is the norm in my group that kids are invited to everything. I hadn't heard of kid free weddings until I joined this board so it is still a little bit of foreign concept for me but to each their own. I honestly just get irritated when people start to complain about kids that misbehave all the time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know it is irritating when kids throw tantrums and are allowed to do so but my first instinct is to complain about the parents. Lol.
    No, I agree with you about the parents.  It would seem that if their kids can't behave that the parents aren't doing their job.  But unfortunately it seems to happen more frequently than any of us would like.  
    I agree. It seems like more and more people aren't parenting their kids and it is so sad. I know that I'm very lucky that none of those people are my relatives or friends. I feel for the relatives of entitled parents. They have to deal with those horrid parents for life and then they have to put up with the little monsters the parents are creating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards