Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

should i add something to the dress?

I have noticed in the photo below that there is quite a large 'empty' space between my shoulders and the top of my dress. Show I look at getting a bolero/cardigan or adding straps?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: should i add something to the dress?

• Options
    Has it already been fitted to your body? If not, I'm wondering if it might come up a little higher after alterations. I'm not a big fan of skinny straps on wedding dresses but maybe some wider lace straps like this if you are worried about the space or about holding it up http://essensedesigns.com/essense-of-australia/dresses/detail/D1617
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would wait until it was finished being altered to fit you (if it hasn't been already).  Then if you still feel the same way, maybe you could have your seamstress sew on some straps.  I would probably pick some in the same lace as your bodice.  
  • Options
    I think it also might feel like less empty space if you wore a necklace, if you don't want straps or a bolero. 
  • Options
    Are you wearing a veil?
  • Options
    It's not fitted yet so I think ill wait until its done. I never considered that the alterations could lift the bodice up :) I'm not wearing a veil just a hair comb.

Thank you for the link to the straps :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the right piece of jewelry will balance everything out.  I would try it on with a couple different sizes/styles of necklace and see if that solves the problem. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards