Snarky Brides

About a month to go... crazypants time

It's started. I am losing it.  FI can't seem to remember a friggin' thing and is driving me crazy. 

We talked no less than a dozen times about he and the groomsmen are wearing, yet just called me to ask what color shoes he should be buying.   OMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG  are you KIDDING ME????!!!!!!

First of all, you're not 5.  Buy whatever fucking shoes you want to.  But don't act like we didn't alreayd discuss this a dozen times. Then he gets all butthurt when I'm impatient with him...  "I'm just trying to help".  Well I don't know, maybe take some fucking notes if it's so hard to remember??  That would be helpful.

Underneath all this anger is the frustration of feeling like if I don't do it myself, it won't get done.  Vendors, FI, wedding party... all the same story.  No one can seemingly get it together unless I'm leading the way.  Getting REALLY old. 

Re: About a month to go... crazypants time

• (((HUGS))) I'm sorry. That is so frustrating.

DH's brother called him the day before the wedding to find out what his kid (one of our RBs) was supposed to wear.

They were apparently planning on going shopping for it THAT DAY. I was like, 'Are you fucking kidding me?!?'

Deep breaths. It'll be OK.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Hahahaha!  I laugh only b/c I'm so happy not to be still planning my wedding. It will all be ok!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  •  It definitely all works out in the end! (Try to keep that part in mind). That being said, I *totally* remember going through the same type of thing. I basically planned everything, and then micromanaged the rest, to ensure that everything was done exactly how we wanted it. It was insanity! On top of everything, we had a crazy bridesmaid that did nothing but drive everyone nuts. Regardless, the wedding went off perfectly, and none of that mattered anymore. It was 100% worth the craziness that lead up to it! :)

Good luck, and remember that it's going to be worth every second! 

*J
  • I feel the same way, OP.  FI has definitely helped me make decisions about the wedding, but all the leg-work?  NOPE.  I suffer from the same "if I do don't it, it won't get done" syndrome / reality.  Thankfully my MOH / BMs are very helpful, but our groomsmen basically don't know up from down  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Thanks for the support ladies.  While I doubt it'll be the last moment of its kind, it has passed. 

Now pass the wine. 

• I feel you! We booked our venue 2 months ago, and up until about a week ago, he'd ask "What's our wedding date again?" I'm like, seriously? Although the other day he did ask again just to piss me off. I just gave him this look

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate seeing brides stressing out! Looking back now I wish I didn't let myself get so worked up about things (although day of - I was very calm when things didn't go according to plan). I can tell you a million times not to stress but if anyone had tried that with me, it wouldn't have worked!

Good luck and remember as long as you marry the love of your life that your had a successful wedding <3

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards