Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Accessories for my dress?

I'm pretty much hopeless when it comes to accessories so I'm hoping someone can help me out. This (click) is the dress that I ordered for my wedding. I like the look of a sash but I'm not sure if I should go with flowers, something with bling/sparkle, or just a plain ribbon. The hair piece I picked out is here (click). I'm sure I'm way over thinking this but I thought I'd get some opinions. Any opinions on necklace/earrings/bracelets I'm open to as well. I'm goign to try and change the neckline of the dress to a sweetheart if that makes a difference in opinions. I'm also not sure what to do about shoes. Our ceremony is outside but the reception is indoors. I'd love to wear heels but I'm worried about sinking into the grass during our first look pictures (winery so we'll be in fields and vines) and during the ceremony. Should I just stick with flats (I wear flats about 75% of the time so I'm used to it) or can I get away with heels?

Re: Accessories for my dress?

• Options
    I am not a huge fan of that sash.  I prefer a belt that has a bit of sparkle to it.  I don't think you need anything really wide but just something thin to define your waist.

I also agree with changing the neckline.  I haven't seen many dresses where people look good with a straight across neckline.  Sweethearts are flattering on pretty much everyone.

As for other jewelry, I think a simple bracelet and stud or small drop earrings would be perfect.  No necklace.

Finally, for your shoes I would either stick with flats or wedges.  Heels are a bitch to walk around in on soft ground even if  you get those heel protectors.  So I would just pick something comfortable because no one will really see your shoes.

• Options

@maggie0829 Thank you! I was thinking a belt with a little bit of sparkle to it would like nicer, especially with the headband I chose (which I'm absolutely in love with). The necklace definitely needs to change - I'm small chested to begin with and the straight across does nothing for me.

For shoes - I was thinking wedges as well. I'm not a huge shoe person but I'd like to have something to give me a little height on my wedding day and not wear the same kind of shoes I wear every other day of the week, considering I don't wear something as fancy as a wedding dress every day.

• Options
    ckel24 said:

@maggie0829 Thank you! I was thinking a belt with a little bit of sparkle to it would like nicer, especially with the headband I chose (which I'm absolutely in love with). The necklace definitely needs to change - I'm small chested to begin with and the straight across does nothing for me.

For shoes - I was thinking wedges as well. I'm not a huge shoe person but I'd like to have something to give me a little height on my wedding day and not wear the same kind of shoes I wear every other day of the week, considering I don't wear something as fancy as a wedding dress every day.

I completely agree about the wedges.  And also wearing some sort of heel will just give you a more statuesque look while in your dress then when you are wearing flats.

Oh and if you have a hard time finding white wedges think about maybe finding a pair in your wedding colors.  Even though people won't really see them you may be able to wear them more often then a pair of white ones and you could always get a cute shoe picture.

• Options

ckel24 said:

I completely agree about the wedges.  And also wearing some sort of heel will just give you a more statuesque look while in your dress then when you are wearing flats.

Oh and if you have a hard time finding white wedges think about maybe finding a pair in your wedding colors.  Even though people won't really see them you may be able to wear them more often then a pair of white ones and you could always get a cute shoe picture.

Wedges in my wedding colors would actually be a fantastic idea. We're doing ivory, navy blue and apple green so I'm sure that I can find some cute ones in green since it's spring/summer now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards