Wedding Woes
Options

NOW it's Thursday

One day closer to the weekend. 

I need a magic wand or a crystal ball.  All this uncertainty is not cool.  It's giving me the twisty guts along with sleepless nights.  :(

What are y'all doing for Mother's Day?  What are you getting your mom/MIL (if anything)?

We're going to brunch with my family and having my IL's over to cook out.  My sister's and I are going in on a laser tape measure for my mom and we're getting MIL an indoor/outdoor rug for her deck. 

Re: NOW it's Thursday

• Options
    Yay Thursday.

I probably won't see my mom on Sunday, as Son has a baseball tournament, but my sister is picking up a GC for a pedicure to her favorite place to give to her from us, so she'll at least have a gift from me.  I'm also working on a DIY gift but have been procrastinating on it because I know it doesn't really need to be done by Sunday.

The ILs are still out of town for work, so we won't be seeing them either.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I wish I could give you a crystal ball (after I looked at my belly).

Our event yesterday was quite nice and I'm glad I soldiered through.  Today I need to actually pack instead of just bitching about it.  We need to leave no later than 8 am.  Somehow I can do this alone, but when DH is around he makes it harder.

I made all the moms oven mitts with the kids hand prints.  I know it's shit my mom doesn't want but I'm in a mood that she has all of these keepsakey things from the other grands and none from my kids.  MIL and sMIL will also get gift cards.  I'm spending the day with my mom- either going to her and doing lunch or her coming here and doing zoo and lunch.

Sunday we have no plans.  Probably yard work.  I kind of don't care what happens.

• Options
    OMG, I may have to steal your oven mitt idea.  I love that.  And the grandmas would eat it right up. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

Oriental trading has some cute little kits for cheap.  I'm constantly checking for crap for one thing or another (party favors, mom group things, junk to go with gift cards).  They run free shipping with no minimum occasionally so I snag stuff. 5% back through discover too.

I already have some things to make picture ornaments at Christmas.  I just need to remember.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    it's my birthday weekend.
    We struck out mightily at getting Buffy care, so Tomorrow Buffy and I will chillax, Sat, we'll do whatever, then go out w the ILs for Mother's day, Sunday we GTF w/ my family.

Bad timing on mther's day, I know.
    And the crafty thing I ordered to do for the moms will be here on Monday.  Whoops.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Blah. 

No idea what we're doing for Mom for Mother's Day. I'm doing nothing for MIL because I don't care.  NOW, my gMIL I do care, and H and I are going to spend some time with her.  Yep.

Not sure on any other plans this weekend, I'd like to do a 2nd long run (tonight being first) and also a bike ride.  So we'll see how much I regret that by Monday.
  • Options
    I think I might have tonsillitis. My tonsils look raw and have lovely white patches all over them. Last night I had a tmax of 101.8, but it broke by like 8:00p, so I'm at work with a surgical mask on and no voice. Fabulous. My last patient of the day canceled, however, so I might get out of here a wee bit early.

• Options
    Juche - that sucks. i had my tonsils removed at 20 because i had tonsillitis too often. 

Tomorrow is my working Friday. I'll probably try to cut out a little early if I'm not busy. Pens play game 5, so I'm hoping they can close out the series and move on to the East finals. 

I have a sinus infection and a bad cold/upper respiratory infection, so I'm hoping I feel well enough to get out over the weekend. DK planned a Mothers' Day excursion - we're going to go to the Natural History Museum and see the butterfly exhibit. I don't know if he was planning to get tickets for the museum or just the butterflies, but he knows they're one of my favorite things to photograph, and he figures I'll probably want to spend a few hours on that exhibit alone. He also figured we'd stop somewhere near the museum for lunch or dinner - there's a few good cafes nearby, so we'll probably go to one of them. 

• Options
    I so damn bored at work, it's pitiful.  Absolutely nothing to do.  I"m taking my IPad back with me at lunch so I can read a book.

So, i took a vacation day tomorrow.  I don't want to sit at my desk for another 7.5 hours w/nothing to do.

IDK what I'm doing for mom for mother's day.  She's still pretty knocked out with all of the health issues the last few weeks, so she might want to just relax and call it a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards