Chit Chat

Should you be *here*?

Re: Should you be *here*?

• Hahahah! I heart you. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Hey - if it's a site full of brides actually planning a wedding and not mulling over how theirs is over - then heck yes! Thanks!
    How in the actual fuck do you expect advice on planning a wedding from people who haven't actually planned one before? Go away.

@HisGirlFriday13 hey, that's me! ;)

• Hey - if it's a site full of brides actually planning a wedding and not mulling over how theirs is over - then heck yes! Thanks!
    Do you always seek advice about doing something new from other people who've never done it?  Seems ill-advised.  Frankly, I'd rather ask questions to people who actually know the answers.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lolo883 -- It is you!! :) I couldn't find a good Scarlett O'Hara GIF of her applauding, sadly. And who doesn't love J.Law??
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
    People that have already been through the planning process and the wedding day are the best ones to give advise. How do you not understand this concept? 
  • Please see other comments about a "Nestie" berading a "Knottie" for considering an interfaith marriage. After all, that is what started all of this since you obviously have no clue. Thanks. :)
    One person's actions have exactly zero to do with whether anyone should continue to post in a community after they get married. Try again.

• Man, I have to go to work, I'll be on my phone all day. Someone tell me what board this thread is on at least! 

Anniversary
  • I absolutely understand and appreciate this concept - if you would look at comments from earlier. I have gotten such great advice from past-brides on here. I highlighted the word "snarky" when I made my statement because THOSE are the comments to which I am referring. I don't ever recall saying that advice is not welcome. I think that Nesties with obviously nothing better to do shouldn't prey upon Knotties who just want help, i.e. bashing them for choosing to marry in a Catholic church. 

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I absolutely understand and appreciate this concept - if you would look at comments from earlier. I have gotten such great advice from past-brides on here. I highlighted the word "snarky" when I made my statement because THOSE are the comments to which I am referring. I don't ever recall saying that advice is not welcome. I think that Nesties with obviously nothing better to do shouldn't prey upon Knotties who just want help, i.e. bashing them for choosing to marry in a Catholic church. 
    I doubt someone was bashed for solely getting married in a Catholic church. Plenty of knotties did that themselves. Are you sure the poster who was berated wasn't having a gap or something else against etiqutte.
  • Please point us to exactly what post you're speaking about. 
  • "JLaw" GIF's just about sum up all of your personalities...and that just says enough for me. Point proven right there. 
    If you hate everybody so much, why are you hanging around to attempt to insult people? Find the log-out button and use it.

• arrippaarrippa member
    Okay end rant/
    I appreciate all of your feedback, as I work for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette wedding section. I am currently writing an article about how vicious wedding "discussion" boards can get and your responses have been very helpful. I'm also doing the same on other sites such as Wedding Wire and Wedding Channel. I will be sure to post the link to the article once it has run.

Thanks again, all!
    (and by the way, I really am planning a wedding) 
    Please don't.
  • cupcait927cupcait927 member
    edited May 2014

@emily327523 Did someone not have their coffee this morning?

• arrippaarrippa member
    Although you are obviously upset that you have been "bullies" on here and have been caught in the act, I will not be using your real usernames. Please remember that cyber bullying is not just referring to what teenagers do on Facebook after school. The cyber arguments that you take part in on here can be just as offensive. In reality, they do not reflect the nature of this site whatsoever. Also, thank you for the journalism tips since you obviously spend so much time writing real stories and not fighting with people on discussion boards. 

Just to help you out: The definition of cyberbulling: The use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature.

No one threatens or intimidates anyone here. Disagreeing is NOT cyberbullying.

• I thought you were leaving. Why are you still here, if we're such bullies? 
  • WTF did I miss now?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Oh my, I am so very sorry - I did forget to disclose that the story about the Catholic wedding is absolutely true. It is on the Catholic discussion board and will also be feautured - so please do not assume it is fake. That discussion really happened, and only reaffirms my belief in this topic. So glad you brought it up!

And yet you still haven't provided the link as far as I can tell...
  • Alright everyone - Last bomb I will drop on you, I promise. I am honestly, truthfully a Grad student working on a thesis paper for a university in Pittsburgh. I am a studying communications and delving heavily into the controversy and laws in all facets of communications. Specifically, I am emphasizing how easy it is for individuals to lie on an online discussion board, WITHOUT breaking communications laws. (Those of which I have not broken.) As you see from what I did here, people will believe almost anything online and the point of qualitative case study here is just that. You first targeted me for posting open-ended questions in a free-flowing discussion board, then you believed just about anything I said afterwards. Some of you even threatened to contact my fictional place of work because you clearly believe most of what you are told online. It was suggested that I fess up once you became angry and threatened to take action (which you did). Please be aware of what you say, and what you believe on the web. I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time but I appreciate the feeback and I assure you that I have done all of this under the supervision of faculty. They have been sitting in the same room as myself and approve of every action that I have taken. 

Be angry all you want, but it only proves my point further. Thank you!
    Wouldn't lying be covered into those "communication laws" you are talking about?  You are a piece of work.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Seriously @emily327523?

As someone who has endured real cyber bullying, I can tell you that disagreeing with someone's ideas (particularly those that are rude or otherwise problematic) is NOT bullying of any form, and I'm a little offended that you can't seem to understand the distinction.

When someone posts asking for advice we answer - sometimes the person was really looking for validation rather than advice and gets all butthurt about it. It's no secret that we don't validate bad ideas here, that's WW's job. But again, telling the hard truth is very different from bullying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You know what's funny? When someone 10 years younger than me thinks they are more knowledgeable than me regarding what's true and false on the internet. 

Please take your made up drama somewhere else. 
  • cupcait927cupcait927 member
    edited May 2014

I'm fairly certain that either in this post or the post started by you I stated that I didn't believe you (MUD - made up drama). So you didn't fool everyone. Hell, I still don't believe you. And it's CLEARLY against this community's TOS to create the post called "Should you be here?" since it was intended to lie to members and start drama. @knotporscha can you please do something about this individual?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards