Chit Chat
Options

Ramblings

Is a seating chart necessary??? I say yes because a few guests won't know anyone really and I don't want to take the chance of them ending up at a table alone, DH says no because everyone moves after dinner anyways and we should just let everyone sit where they want with who they want.

Also, how many beers are in a half barrel? I have seen a few different answers via google and I want to make sure we have enough. With 6 weeks left, what do I need to be focusing on and doing?

Re: Ramblings

• Options

Is a seating chart necessary??? I say yes because a few guests won't know anyone really and I don't want to take the chance of them ending up at a table alone, DH says no because everyone moves after dinner anyways and we should just let everyone sit where they want with who they want.

Also, how many beers are in a half barrel? I have seen a few different answers via google and I want to make sure we have enough. With 6 weeks left, what do I need to be focusing on and doing?

First question: At the very least assign tables. You don't want people to save seats and ended up splitting up families and having people ending up at tables with people they don't have anything to talk to about. If your guests won't know anyone, at least do them the favour of seating them with people they might get along with.

Second question: I have no idea.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I would assign tables. It isn't hard, just takes a few hours, and really does help your guests out. It is worth the effort

Not sure what is left on your too do list...but you should have sent/be sending your invites out soon. Then you will have to contact the guests who don't respond..

Good luck!
  • Options
    First question: definitely assign tables

Second question: Wiki says a US beer barrel is 31 gallons, so that means 15.5 gallons in a half barrel, actually the same as a keg.  So, there are 165 12 oz beers in a half barrel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Who gets barrels of beer? Or does that mean keg?

• Options
    Who gets barrels of beer? Or does that mean keg?
    According to Wiki and Google Calculator, a keg = half barrel.  I haven't normally heard beer measured in barrels, either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Ok, I will definitely put a seating chart together when the rsvp's get back.

We found out tonight that they are the same thing but in the brochure from the liquor store they are listed as barrels instead of kegs. Thank you JC that's what we had thought but the yahoo answers site was saying we would get about 83 12oz cups and my DH just did 16 gallons x 16 glasses per gallon and got 256 cups. That's a really big difference so we weren't sure which to really go with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards