May 2014 Weddings
Options

Sound-off: Familymoon

Hey Knotties!

Is anyone going on a "familymoon" - honeymoon with family members - or is planning on taking a familymoon? Tell us what you think of the idea! 

Re: Sound-off: Familymoon

• Options
    That is supposed to be personal time for me and the hubby. Dont think id want my dad there. Creepy!
  • Options
    FI's adult sons go on vacation with us every year. We were talking about this year and I said well we are going the week after the wedding. One son said "cool can we come?" then 2 seconds later said "wait after the wedding so it will be like your honeymoon? Nevermind!". I'm glad that he figured it out without me having to tell him why we didn't want them coming along this time. LOL

It should definitely be personal time for a new couple.
  • Options

FI won a weeks stay at a HUGE house in Breckenridge at a Men's Retreat he went on in the fall. We feel bad about having a place that can sleep about 16 just to ourselves all week. We are going up on Sunday (getting hitched on Saturday) and then inviting a few couple friends to join us on Friday for the weekend. This way, we will still have our private time, but then get to have others enjoy the amazing location & have some fun friend time!

(we are bringing our dog with us for the whole time, though. So glad we won't have to bored him while being away!)

• Options
    FI and I are going down to the Outer Banks the first week of June and our family is meeting us down there the week after. We are really big on family and family vacations, so I know where you are coming from! I'm only agreeing to the family plan because we get to have the first week to ourselves. As long as you can have some definite one-on-one time with your hubby, I say go for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards