Chit Chat

Shaking my head at him right now.....

So over the weekend the topic came up somehow of whether or not we were going to have any BSB songs at the wedding reception....this then snowballed into FI looking up every single one of their videos on youtube, followed by those of N*SYNC, and listening to them over and over on his iphone for the past FOUR DAYS, while singing along. He also pipes in with random little known facts about the members of these two groups mid-conversation. I mean, I knew he had a huge mancrush on JT, but I didn't know he knew all the lyrics and dance moves better than I did. 

He just came up from vaccuuming the basement blasting "Bye, bye, bye"......and they keep getting stuck in my head.

Re: Shaking my head at him right now.....

• HAHA! That's hilarious. 

.....and now 'Bye, Bye, Bye,' is stuck in my head. GAH!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Honestly, JT in music videos... hot. Cozy on up to FI and watch them together. Rwwwrrow.

• That is so funny!!
  • KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited May 2014
    Hahaha love this!

Our playlist has BSB, NSync, Christina Aguilera, Spice Girls, and several other wonders on it.  FI likes to pretend he doesn't know the songs, but I have definitely caught him singing along.  I think we made Bye Bye Bye the last song to play.

Edit: TK cut off my words.

• I would love to have some of this music at the wedding..but FI is 37...and he's just not a fan :( 
    Anniversary
  • They definitely played "the right stuff" by nkotb at our wedding. And I loved it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014

(sorry, I couldn't find a suitable gif)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Do you know how much I want to have Backstreet's Back played at the wedding? It's not even FUNNY.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • As FI and I are very "Jersey" (we have a silhouette of the state on our invitation!), there is going to be more than a few Bon Jovi songs at the wedding. I don't know that I've been to a wedding here where there wasn't an enormous "Livin' on a Prayer" sing-along!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• They definitely played "the right stuff" by nkotb at our wedding. And I loved it :)
    Now I'm sad I didn't think to put this on my playlist.  Can I have a do over?
    Anniversary
  • Our DJ played some N*Sync at our wedding...  He some music that was popular when we were in high school.  It was awesome.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    This depresses me as FI (much to my disdain) does not sing or like boy bands :(
  • Omg, that is too funny! I def want some BSB or NSYNC at the wedding. And I know for a fact that JT's Mirrors will be played. We absolutely LOVE that song. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• arrippaarrippa member
    They definitely played "the right stuff" by nkotb at our wedding. And I loved it :)

Mental note to self, play NKOTB songs. My inner 13 year old girl will love it!
  • I'm pretty sure the music for our reception is going to sound like an 8th grade dance circa 2000 OR a night at the skating rink in '97. 

I already made sure C'Mon 'N Ride It (The Train)  is getting played. I know MOH requested some boy band songs as well.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I'm pretty sure the music for our reception is going to sound like an 8th grade dance circa 2000 OR a night at the skating rink in '97. 

I already made sure C'Mon 'N Ride It (The Train)  is getting played. I know MOH requested some boy band songs as well.
    Are you doing the whole dance with it too? I would totally do this at my wedding except I'm pretty sure I'm the only one of my guests who knows it. lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Are you doing the whole dance with it too? I would totally do this at my wedding except I'm pretty sure I'm the only one of my guests who knows it. lol

Omg I WISH. I think I'd be the only one who knows it. That and the Tootsie Roll!

I do remember back in ye olden days if anyone didn't know the dance, they'd usually start some kind of conga line. When FBIL got married last year, FFIL was itching the whole time to have a conga line. I think he ended up making one for the Macarena, but I feel like The Train would give him a good opportunity for it, plus you can do the choo-choo pull thing and I KNOOOOOOW he will love that. EVERYBODY ended up in it (except me, because I was recording it and I sent gifs that I made to FBIL/his wife and FFIL/FMIL).

I live for a 90's/2000's rap or dance song, and FI will dance if he's had a couple drinks. 
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @beethery, I'll crash your wedding JUST to do the dance with you. lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @beethery, I'll crash your wedding JUST to do the dance with you. lol
    I am down with it! I honestly ought to just have the reception at a skating rink so the playlist will make sense lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I feel a little left out. I'm not familiar with most boy bands so I don't know most the songs you're bringing up. Must go look up Backstreet Boys and NSYNC music...
  • SexyBack is the only song I've gotten DF to (badly) dance to. Mostly as I was a bit drunk and shaking it a bit much for good taste (as was everyone else).

Still not having a DJ.
  • afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm super jealous, There will be NSYNC played at the reception, but I'm jealous that your FI actually likes the idea. Whenever I put them on at home FI shakes his head and says he's marrying a 10 year old.
  • Trivia Time!

Did you know that N*SYNC was assembled because Chris Kirkpatrick didn't make the cut for the Backstreet Boys?

Did you know that the name "N*SYNC" was derived from the last letter of the first name of each group member?
  • Haha FI is obsessed with BSB! His eyes light up everytime someone mentions our upcomming meeting with our DJ. I think he has his own playlist up his sleeve that he can't wait to pass to the DJ under the table.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • When I saw BSB and NKOTB in concert it was like 6 year old me and 12 year old me had a party. I saw them with my SIL. When "the right stuff" came on at the wedding we went nuts. On top of that EVERYONE knew that the DJ played that just for me. I have seen most boy banda in concert (NSYNC, bsb, 98 degrees, boys to men etc.) and the new kids still put on the best show.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards