Nevada-Las Vegas

To photo booth or not to photo booth.. that is the question

First, let me say that I love photo booths.  But, we're only having about 40-50 guests at our wedding, and we're having the reception in the Gigi room at Joe's, with no dance floor or DJ.  We're planning a cocktail hour, dinner, cake, drinking, then go out in Vegas.  So, I'm debating whether a photo booth will be worth the money.  Any advice?!?!?!?   Oh, and we're hiring Tyler Freear for photography and he'll be there a couple hours at the reception.  

Thanks! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To photo booth or not to photo booth.. that is the question

• we are having one in our in suite reception:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JixxtJixxt member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We are thinking about it too!! Same deal as you but reception at a ballroom at The Wynn. Just got a quote from shutterbooth which was reasonable. Was going to buy digital camera and pop them on each table so guests can take their own pics... but I think shutterbooth is cooler!
    Since ours is destination too, it's a cool little keepsake for them as we'll prob have a monogram on it with "las vegas 2015" on it :)
  • DO IT!!! We did ours through glitter lens with only 30 guests and it was a HIT!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• We are doing Shutterbooth! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2011 Vegas Bride here but thought I'd pop in - everyone LOVED the photo booth at our wedding, we used Shutterbooth and they were awesome.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• we are having about 50 guests and we are doing one with All Events.  they print an extra strip so the guest can put it in a book and sign it - so it's our guest book.  really looking forward to it!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • I booked glitter lens too. I love photobooths
  • I just got a quote from Shutterbooth.  They are so fun in their emails already.  Going to get some other quotes as well.  I think I've always wanted one at my reception, and I'm just going to spend the money and do it, even if I'm the only one taking pictures! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm saving to get one too! They look like so much fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I'm exploring the photo booth idea too. Two questions..what's the rough estimate on cost? Also how much space do the they take up? We're having dinner out but thinking of in suite recep afterwards. I'm already worried about space because my fiancé keeps inviting people. :-) thanks!
  • JixxtJixxt member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @Rosebubbly, I got a quote from Shutterbooth for up to 4 hours for $1100 including a custom backdrop and scrapbook.. i thought that was OK?
  • @Rosebubbly, I got a quote from Shutterbooth too, but mine was only around $700-$800.  I can't remember exactly, and I don't have the information with me.  I also don't think we got a custom backdrop, but it did come with the scrapbook.

We are having a reception at a restaurant's private room, and they said they had been there before and it was a good size.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eeeks....I don't think I can fit that in the budget with all the other additions I have made. Thanks though...
  • We're not reserving one too close to the wedding. I'm hoping that groupon or something like that will have something. If not, I think we're too close on our budget to swing one :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are groupons and livingsocial deals on these all the time.  Not with Shutterbooth, but other companies.  They can range anywhere from $200-$500 on those sites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    Eeeks....I don't think I can fit that in the budget with all the other additions I have made. Thanks though...

We are doing Shutterbooth, and while they're touted as one of the best, if they aren't in your budget there are plenty of other more affordable companies that get great reviews too. Just price around, you might be surprised! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should also look into Glitter Lens.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• JiimanieJiimanie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    @rosebubbly @princessmich425 - if price/space is an issue maybe consider doing a DIY one? We did that at our insuite reception, we used the dining table (moved into a corner) and put a load of props on there that we had collected in the run up to our wedding. We were planning on setting up our SLR camera on a tripod with timer and shutter remote but in the end we couldn't be bothered so everyone took photos on their own cameras but our professional photographer captured many of these for us as well, using the curtain as a backdrop and using his fancy lighting accessories! We were really pleased with how it worked, it barely cost us anything and it didn't take up very much room - and we got some awesome photos from it! We also got to re-use everything at our home reception too :)

Here's some pics for a better idea:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • @jilmanie that is such a good idea! I am going to do that too!
  • @jiimanie I love your dress!
  • @jilmanie Thank you so much for that suggestion!! I'm going to look on Pinterest today
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @vegasbaby2015 thanks! I just want to wear it every day!

@princessmich425@rosebubbly Glad it was helpful! Hope you get some good inspiration :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards