Missouri-St Louis

Wedding photo locations - indoor and outdoor - near Clayton and CWE

Hello STL Knotties!

I need help thinking of locations to go for pictures between the ceremony and reception. The ceremony is at my church just north of the Central West End and the reception is in Clayton. We have about a hour and a half to take photos. I'd like some places near or in between the church and reception venue. I'm thinking Forest Park - World's Fair Pavillion, Muny (we get season tickets), etc. What else? Given the weather lately, I'm thinking I need some indoor venues. :) What do you suggest?

Thanks!

PS - if it matters, there are 10 of us, including the bride and groom, and flower girl and ring bearer

Re: Wedding photo locations - indoor and outdoor - near Clayton and CWE

• When is your wedding? Did your photographer give you a limit on number of locations? I imagine you only have an hour or two for photos, yes? 

Check in with the pavilion and Muny to make sure there aren't shows/events going on over the weekend at these two locations. They may not allow you to take photos on the actual grounds. 

The grounds outside the Jewel Box and Forest Park Golf Club (they've got a gorgeous waterfall across the street that looks great in photos) are really pretty . Also, don't forget about Wash-U's campus or Shaw Park. You could do cool urban shots in Clayton itself as well. 

Where is your reception? Can you take indoor pictures there? 

• Hi there! I work over in the CWE (right by The Chase!) If you know where The Cup (formerly The Cupcakery) is around the backside of Maryland Plaza, there's an adorable little cobblestone-esque "alley" (for lack of better word) that I see a ton of brides/grooms/wedding parties/bridal photoshoots use! There's ivy that climbs up the wall and iron staircases and bridges overhead...it's really quite pretty! I would highly suggest stopping by there for a few quick photos, they always seem to turn out beautifully.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The History Museum in Forest Park is also a nice space. There's a fountain, steps, and a trolley car.

As far as inside... ummm.... Well the Muny definitely has the space under the overhang, so at least that avoids the rain.

I have no idea if it's even allowed, but will the Chase or the Ritz let you take pictures in their lobbies if you aren't getting married there? I know the Chase has a pretty lobby with marble. I imagine the Ritz has something interesting too. The Ritz also has that neat fountain in front of it (though you'll end up having cars in your shots).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards