Chit Chat

It's starting to feel real!

I just got back proofs of our wedding invitations and finally seeing it on paper gave me a "moment"! We are really getting married and I can't wait!
What was the moment for you when it all started to feel real? :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: It's starting to feel real!

• So far my 'this is real' moment was the catering tasting. I'm sure once our invitations are finished it will be a surreal feeling. I can't wait.
    Anniversary

• Congrats! So much fun. :)
  • Registering and buying wedding bands made me feel like an actual adult getting married. 

I'm addressing invitations today and they're going out next week - that will be weird feeling also. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm getting married in 6 weeks and so far the only moment I've gotten is an email from the florist asking about delivery times.  

We've been engaged for almost two years that I think my mind's just stuck in perputual fiancee mode. 
  • Awww, congrats! I still have not had a major "this is for real" moment since we are in the early stages of planning. But sometimes, for like a few seconds I forget that I'm engaged. And then I'm like, wait, I AM engaged! And then I feel like

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I had a "this is real" moment in the shower after we looked at our first venue (which ended up being the venue we picked). It was basically, "I am 99% sure I just stood in the room I'll be getting married in."

That's been it so far.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • sending our invites was the "woah! this is happening soon moment!"  The bridal shower was when I really started to get excited. 

Anniversary
  • For me it's been several moments, I think the biggest like @musikalbunni said was dropping the invites in the mail.  Another moment was the rings, another moment was my first fitting...

Anniversary

• phira said:
    I had a "this is real" moment in the shower after we looked at our first venue (which ended up being the venue we picked). It was basically, "I am 99% sure I just stood in the room I'll be getting married in."

That's been it so far.
    This was it for me! We really only had one choice of venue (it was super important to FI to get married at his grandpa's country club) so I totally teared up on our tour thinking "I'm going to get married here."

• phiraphira member
    phira said:

That's been it so far.
    This was it for me! We really only had one choice of venue (it was super important to FI to get married at his grandpa's country club) so I totally teared up on our tour thinking "I'm going to get married here."
    Aww :D that's really sweet!

The venue we picked is owned by an event group that owns a second, very similar venue about 30 minutes away. Same package, same food, same price, just a different look and feel, and both were available on our date. We couldn't decide between the two. I was leaning towards the smaller one we visited, but I kept thinking, "Maybe it's because it was the first one we went to?"

So we decided to go back to the venues with our parents and get their feedback (went to the bigger venue first, too, to try to make sure it wasn't just a "first venue" thing). Our parents liked the big venue and were getting excited about it, but as soon as we walked into the smaller venue, it was just like ... yep, this is it. My mom took me aside and was like, "Oh honey, this is where you're getting married." And it was like, oh my god, she's right, this IS where we're getting married.
    Anniversary
  • I got married in my hometown, which is out of province for me. I did most of my wedding planning online. It didn't feel real until me, and I didn't start to get excited until I went for my first dress fitting. I looked in the mirror and felt like a bride and thought "this is what I'll be wearing when I marry {DH}"

Anniversary
  • I had the "Real" moment when we received the Save The Dates. Also, just this week I had a "whoa" moment because I'm now less than 4 months from the big day. Four months sounds a helluva lot closer than 6, 9, 12 or 18 months....!

• I had a "real" moment the other day- when we (finally) sent our STDs. And TODAY.. when I saw that my ticker said we are exactly 6 months out!

6 months might sounds like a lot of time, but I was taking classes last semester- so I was thinking, "meh- we have the venue, food, and booze done.. and the DJ, photog, dress, and FI's suit... the rest of this crap can wait until 6 months before the wedding."  So here we are at 6 months, time to get moving!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far when we had our first pre-marital class and when I found "The Dress".
  • I think when we sent the invites, we were like "no turning back now". 

Then this week we went to sign up for our marriage license. It's really real now. 

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Once we started getting the rsvp's back, was one of the more exciting moments for me.  These last few months have flown by.  I'm getting married one week from tomorrow and it seems crazy!!!! 
  • Jen1051Jen1051 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Definitely my bridal shower! And getting our marriage licence last Monday was pretty cool too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • phiraphira member
    I had a "real" moment the other day- when we (finally) sent our STDs. And TODAY.. when I saw that my ticker said we are exactly 6 months out!

6 months might sounds like a lot of time, but I was taking classes last semester- so I was thinking, "meh- we have the venue, food, and booze done.. and the DJ, photog, dress, and FI's suit... the rest of this crap can wait until 6 months before the wedding."  So here we are at 6 months, time to get moving!
    We're six months and one day! We're looking forward to the same weekend :D
    Anniversary
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    When I mailed the invites I was like "oh holy crap" and then again yesterday at my second fitting... Less than 5 weeks left! We just got engaged in October and the time has flown by!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ah I know the feeling! The invites are on their way!!! :D

So excited, and it's still 4 months away.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I had the "Real" moment when we received the Save The Dates. Also, just this week I had a "whoa" moment because I'm now less than 4 months from the big day. Four months sounds a helluva lot closer than 6, 9, 12 or 18 months....!
    THIS. When I saw my ticker on here and it was in the 3 month range I sent a screenshot to my FI and was like "holy shit...the 3 month range is here!"
    Anniversary

• I'm still over 7 months out but the most "real" moment for me so far was buying my wedding dress. It was the first time I felt like I was going to be a bride and that this was actually happening :)

• My "this is real" moment was when I dropped the invites at the mailbox. I blurted something along the lines of "holy shit, this is happening!"
    Me too.  I was with my mom.  Afterwards, she was all "oh, we should have taken pictures...".  Instead, we went out to lunch to celebrate.
    Anniversary
  • I think the moment it hit me was when we visited our venue for our tasting and they were setting up for a wedding later in the day. I stood in front of the ceremony site and thought, "Holy crap I will be looking down this aisle in a few months". 

We are now 5 weeks away and it's back to feeling like it's taking forever!
  • For me, it was standing at the altar of the venue we eventually chose. Standing on the steps looking back at the rest of the room, my mind filled it with all our friends and family. NGL, I started crying.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards