Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Need help finding a venue without a caterer!!!

My boyfriend and I just recently got engaged, and we have been planning with a strict budget between $2000-$3000 for EVERYTHING! But the problem I am finding is where can I go and bring in my own foods. We are looking to do a appetizer table with shrimp and cheeses and small finger foods. But every place I look only allows approved caterers to come in we wanted to just go with Wal-mart (also for our wedding cake!) and we can plate it to look nicer. Does anyone know of any great locations near Dayton, Cinci, northern ky?

Re: Need help finding a venue without a caterer!!!

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited April 2014
    Muhlhauser Barn in West Chester allows outside caterers and I believe it's $600-1000 depending on whether you're a resident of West Chester and what day of the week (weekdays or weekend).  That is the least expensive rent that I know of.

Have you looked into restaurants?  They take care of everything all in one per person price.  And I'm sure they will allow your outside cake to be brought in and probably will slice and distribute them for you, too.  Most venues that allow outside catering is going to be expensive because they don't make money off your food.

Another idea is to use someone's beautiful backyard and use a rental company to bring in tents, tables, etc. This allows friends and family (volunteers) to pitch like serve the alcohol, play music for you, decorate, serve a dish, things like that.  I think this will be the least expensive option.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Check out halls like VFW And Eagles. Also some of the parks in Hamilton county have buildings you can rent. Some let you bring in your own food and alcohol. The lakeside lodge in Sharonville is real nice. It has a small kitchen with a stove and fridge.
  • Options
    cheliewcheliew member
    First Anniversary First Comment

We found a couple of places in Dayton that allow choice of caterer and BYOB:

www.bbriverfronthall.com and www.arborhall.com Good luck!    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards