Moms and Maids

My 16-year old sister is my MOH, the other Bridesmaids are wondering what to do?

Hi all,

My 16-year old sister (only sister), is my MOH, and I definitely wouldn't have it any other way.  The bridesmaids are all cousins and groom's sisters, and my long time best friend.

They are all very excited and I think it's a great bridal party -- however they are all asking me what to do about my sister and planning a bachelorette party, having drinks, etc.  I have told all of them that my sister knows she won't be able to make it to all of it, but it's important to all of us that she is included in something somehow.

I am nervous to tell the other bridesmaids what to do about my sister and a bachelorette party, but I am not really sure who now "makes a plan" for that, as it would usually be MOH's "responsibility"?

Re: My 16-year old sister is my MOH, the other Bridesmaids are wondering what to do?

• Hi all,

My 16-year old sister (only sister), is my MOH, and I definitely wouldn't have it any other way.  The bridesmaids are all cousins and groom's sisters, and my long time best friend.

They are all very excited and I think it's a great bridal party -- however they are all asking me what to do about my sister and planning a bachelorette party, having drinks, etc.  I have told all of them that my sister knows she won't be able to make it to all of it, but it's important to all of us that she is included in something somehow.

I am nervous to tell the other bridesmaids what to do about my sister and a bachelorette party, but I am not really sure who now "makes a plan" for that, as it would usually be MOH's "responsibility"?
    Anyone can throw you a bach party. It is not just the MOHs responsibility. Whoever plans it should plan something that will involve your sister. A spa day, a nice dinner out, etc. Then they can also include bar hopping or whatever afterwards. As long as your sister is included in a part of the activities then that is all that matters. Also whoever is planning it should make sure to speak with your sister to help plan the events that she will be able to attend (if she wants to be involved).

• Ditto Maggie.  Anyone can throw the B party.  If your BMs ask again, but say that you know your sister cannot plan one, so you aren't sure who will.  If the BM then steps up and says I would like to plan.  Be thankful and say that you would like to try and include your sister for a portion of the party.

My 9, at the time, niece attended my b party for the dinner portion.  My mom and MIL attended too.  After dinner, my mom took my niece home, my MIL went home and the remaining ladies and I went out drinking.  My niece felt included and had a good time! 

• Also, if you want to have drinks with your friends you can do so at any time; you don't need it to be under the pretense of a bachelorette party. 

There are ways you can have bachelorette party with underage people. I was a bridesmaid at 18 in one where we went to a comedy club. They serve drinks there, but also allow people under 21 and it was a great show! I also hosted a bachelorette party with people under 21 where we did it mostly at home (she was a laid back bride) and we went out to eat at a place that also turned into a night club upstairs. We talked to the management about letting the people who were under 21 stay in the bar/restaurant so people were able to go upstairs and dance if they wanted to. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • How about a winery and dinner? Winery's allow anyone to just come but will ID guests before tastings. If you include your sister in the first half of the event then she could go home if you want to go to a club or bar. If not I would suggest continuing your bachelorette party at a restaurant bar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards