September 2014 Weddings

Whoa, four months left.

I JUST realized we are four months (and a day) away from our wedding. 

Since we got engaged on Easter of 2013, we planned all the big stuff very quickly and I've been coasting, frankly.

Just sent e-mails to the venue/caterer and photographer to start nailing down finer details!  FI will be done with grad school in four more weeks (but I have until August), so once he's stress-free, we're going to buckle down and get little stuff done.

Anyone else feel like time's flying? 

Re: Whoa, four months left.

• YES! I just talking to a friend about that today.  I noticed this morning that my ticker is now in the 3 month range. How did that happen!? I'm so excited and I'm glad time is flying by, I just didn't expect it to. We got engaged on 12/1/13 and I really thought that the next 9 months were going to be the longest of my life...nope. Definitely the quickest. I love it!
    Anniversary

• i just looked at my calendar today and noticed that today marks our four months to go! we have been engaged since April 6, 2013, and like mentioned above, planned all of the big, important things right away (due to school getting in the way lol). at this point, i am not sure whether to feel content or if i am behind. i have set it aside for a week or two and need to get back on it! i am so ready to start the rest of my life with my best friend :]
  • MW5280MW5280 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Ya'll - I'm alarmed and probably not even close to ready for this shindig.

I've been one of those brides that made a concerted effort to not push my wedding upon others or turn all bridezilla. It is this that may push me into panic mode really soon.

Oops?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YES! I just talking to a friend about that today.  I noticed this morning that my ticker is now in the 3 month range. How did that happen!? I'm so excited and I'm glad time is flying by, I just didn't expect it to. We got engaged on 12/1/13 and I really thought that the next 9 months were going to be the longest of my life...nope. Definitely the quickest. I love it!

I thought the same thing! Super glad it's flying by.

I placed my flower order last night! :-o (Obvs not delivered until 9/10, but I wanted to call dibs before anything sold out for September delivery. Some on fiftyflowers are already sold out.)
    MW5280 said:

Ya'll - I'm alarmed and probably not even close to ready for this shindig.

I've been one of those brides that made a concerted effort to not push my wedding upon others or turn all bridezilla. It is this that may push me into panic mode really soon.

Oops?
    What do you have left to do?

• MW5280MW5280 member
    Oh, you know. Minor things. 

Like book the caterer and the cake. 

Choose clothes for the groom and the kids. 

Maybe decide on some flowers.

Decide on ceremony music/readings/etc.

You know...the minor stuff that will just fall into place :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MW5280 said:
    Oh, you know. Minor things. 

Like book the caterer and the cake. 

Choose clothes for the groom and the kids. 

Maybe decide on some flowers.

Decide on ceremony music/readings/etc.

You know...the minor stuff that will just fall into place :-)

I'm glad we aren't the only ones! Cake, centerpieces, flowers, ceremony everything... We'll get it done soon-ish.
  • MW5280MW5280 member
    I'm glad we aren't the only ones! Cake, centerpieces, flowers, ceremony everything... We'll get it done soon-ish.
    We just booked the caterer today! 

And we're probably further along in the planning process than I think we are - I'm just not doing a great job of keeping track of all the details.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just submitted music for the ceremony today! 
    BUT the invitations have a bit of a hang up and I'm kinda worried I really screwed up 

But other than that everything's peachy!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • MW5280MW5280 member
    So, I've been noticing something as I've perused all these wedding boards and I feel like I'm in the super-minority on something.

Am I the only one having live musicians at my ceremony? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a piano player at the ceremony, and then a DJ at the reception :) We haven't talked to our pianist yet, since we have no idea what he'll be playing yet!
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We are having a live musician for our ceremony and a four piece band for the reception.
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm exactly four months out, today!!! Picking up the invitations today, will start addressing (doing my own calligraphy) this weekend. Bought FI suit yesterday, yay Memorial Day sale! Updated cake order, MORE CAKE!!! Updated rental order. Finalized menu with caterer. Veil should be here tomorrow. Shower is in a month; bach in two months!
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    @MW5280 nope, we're having a violinist and guitarist do our ceremony music and a full band play our reception.
    Anniversary

• MW5280MW5280 member
    Yay! I was just beginning to feel like my cello/violin/mandolin trio was...way different?

Thanks for making me feel better :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never been to a wedding that had a band but it sounds amazing! I would love to see even just ceremony musicians.

FI and I like totally different types of music. I'm all about poppy Britney & Christina & Bruno Mars and FI loves his country. So a band would have been a little weird trying to find one that played the variations. And probably expensive, we got a good deal on the DJ.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards