Chit Chat

Any plans for the holiday weekend?

Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

Any one have any exciting plans? FI and I are going over to FILs house on Monday. FMIL decided to have all my family over. She said it was her turn to host. We're probably just going to laze around the house until then.

Re: Any plans for the holiday weekend?

• Lazing around the house sounds pretty awesome to me! FI and I are going to see the new X Men movie tonight but that's the extent of my fun as I work the whole long weekend.
  • I leave work in 45 minutes (!!!!) for a long weekend.

Saturday is a book sale, Mass, and a baseball game.

Sunday is being lazy.

Monday he works and I'm going to binge-watch something on TV while I finish crocheting a baby blanket!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • edited May 2014
    Packing, cleaning, moving.
  • Yay for long weekends! Especially because we have a ton going on.

Tonight - Boss lady is letting us leave at 3 pm and then FI and I are going to see Death Cab for Cutie. I have loved them since I was 19 and I'm probably going to squee a lot.

Tomorrow - getting up ridic early to go out to breakfast and then do some wine tasting. We try and go every month or so plus it's FI's birthday weekend so whatever he wants to do, we do.

Sunday - It's FI's birthday! And we're running a race. I'm running a half marathon, FI is running a full. After that's over, we'll probably come home and crash (starts at 7 am and we have to leave around 5 am to get there) and then maybe go out to dinner.

Monday - getting up to watch the parade in our tiny town and get some chicken BBQ and drink beers

FI took all of next week off as his birthday present to himself and I took Tuesday off so we'll probably try to get some housework done. It's also my nephew's 5th birthday so I want to try and see him as well.

• We're being lazy tonight, tomorrow we may go look at a house and debate for a really long time about whether or not to buy it (no A/C, no heat, no fridge, dryer, washer ehhhh it'll have to be all good other than that for me to buy), sunday we're going to busch gardens and catching some of their shows :) perks to having summer passes there and water country usa, then monday chilling, prob going to sam's club then reeeelaxing :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Depending on the weather, I might be working tonight. Tomorrow, we leave for my friend's wedding. Sunday, we have a housewarming party for friends of ours. Monday, I'm going to try to lure @HisGirlFriday13 to come over and do Star Trek cross-stitching with me.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Depending on the weather, I might be working tonight. Tomorrow, we leave for my friend's wedding. Sunday, we have a housewarming party for friends of ours. Monday, I'm going to try to lure @HisGirlFriday13 to come over and do Star Trek cross-stitching with me.
    Oh, I'm down for that! How far of a drive is it?
    Anniversary

• I've got faith that the weekend will improve after today's TWO visits to the dentist. 

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to take photos of an adorable family and then I think FI & I are going to look at wedding bands. Yay!

Sunday we are babysitting for BFFs 5-month-old twins so she & DH can go to a movie & out to lunch. I'm may or may not have a little (lot) of baby fever so I'm actually ridiculously excited to get my paws on them for a few hours. 

And I really want to go fishing on Monday so hopefully the weather will cooperate. 

Oh, and cocktails…I plan to drink lots & lots of holiday cocktails.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Leaving work in T-minus 30 minutes, then driving to upstate NY with FI and some friends for a weekend of hiking/swimming/drinking too much at a lakeside cabin in the woods. I can't wait!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • It looks to be 2-3 hours? Of course, we don't have the air conditioners in our windows yet so it'll be hotter than Hades... but I have Star Trek cross-stitch and many bottles of wine! lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I lied. No lazy weekend. Apparently FI made plans and didn't tell me.
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    On Monday I'm pretty sure I'm making yet another trip to the city to move my horse. Not looking forward to being in a truck for 8+ hours, and the situation got complicated. 

Other than that, nothing planned. We'll get rid of some stuff to prep for our move. Maybe we'll take a trip to the next town over that is cute and FI hasn't been to. 
  • I'll be working the whole holiday weekend, and it will be busy. Drinking holidays like this are not fun for dispatchers, especially when we have a lake in our jurisdiction.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ab6704aab6704a member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Wedding is two weeks from tomorrow so we're taking full advantage of this weekend to wrap up the last little details. Sooooo glad to have the extra day off!
  • It looks to be 2-3 hours? Of course, we don't have the air conditioners in our windows yet so it'll be hotter than Hades... but I have Star Trek cross-stitch and many bottles of wine! lol
    Obviously wine makes everything OK. 

Anniversary

• Obviously wine makes everything OK. 

Especially when the wine I have is 18% ABV!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Obviously wine makes everything OK. 

Especially when the wine I have is 18% ABV!
    Would wine make Crazy Asian lady come out? Because that would be hiLARious!
    Anniversary

• Would wine make Crazy Asian lady come out? Because that would be hiLARious!
    After the week I've had, wine isn't even necessary for CAL to appear... but wine DOES make her funnier (and redder). lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I work Saturday, then off until Tuesday. No idea what I'm doing after 6pm Saturday. I'd like a pedicure, and a friend just got admitted to the hospital (cancer patient) so I might go see her if she wants company.  I need to clean up this place too.
  • Tonight we're going out for dinner and drinks for a friend's birthday. And then tomorrow we're doing the same thing. Saturday will be at the marina though, so that will be super fun. 

Sunday no plans. Monday we're going to take the boat out. 
  • cupcait927 - Race day sounds awesome! I ran my first half a couple of months ago. Good luck to you and FI!

Today I get to leave workie at 3:30 (yay!!!!), so I am going to go to a 4PM kickboxing class. After that, FI and are hanging out with my BFF and her bf. Maybe happy our somewhere. Tomorrow, we are going to a BBQ for FI's cousin, and after we are all heading to a graduation party. Sunday, getting may hair done, and Monday a BBQ at our friends house. Then we have Tues and Weds off! 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Aaaaand... work got cancelled for tonight.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• DH and I are discussing a probable move to Tennessee for him to work. Otherwise I'm going to spend the weekend trying to figure out why my plants are not doing so well. :[
    Tennessee is a beautiful state for the most part. If you don't mind me asking what general area are you guys looking into?
  • Parents are coming into town in about an hour to celebrate my birthday, mother's day, father's day, adoption, and FI's birthday all at once. It's gonna be good times. Also I am showing them our new house.

The 'rents will leave on Sunday which leaves a whole day for me to lounge around with FI. Very excited.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • jdluvr06 said:
    DH and I are discussing a probable move to Tennessee for him to work. Otherwise I'm going to spend the weekend trying to figure out why my plants are not doing so well. :[
    Tennessee is a beautiful state for the most part. If you don't mind me asking what general area are you guys looking into?
    Nashville. He got a job offer, so we're looking into if it will interfere with his Academy schedule.
    Nashville is a nice area. It has been years since I have been there though. I hope it all works out for you! 

• jdluvr06 said:

DH and I are discussing a probable move to Tennessee for him to work. Otherwise I'm going to spend the weekend trying to figure out why my plants are not doing so well. :[

Nashville. He got a job offer, so we're looking into if it will interfere with his Academy schedule.

Looooove Nashville! My sister lived there for years & it was a great town to visit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMG I the worst relative ever. I just realized that my youngest cousin is graduating from high school tonight. I need to go get him a gift.
  • mschristie123mschristie123 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2014
    Boo. I'm working all day Memorial Day, so no 3 day weekend for me.... BUT the only reason I'm coming is so that I'll have all my work done before I leave for our wedding/honeymoon on Wednesday!

Fortunately/unfortunately, FI and I don't have any fun plans scheduled this weekend. I think next weekend will be excitement enough.

ETA: I swear I put in paragraphs
    imageimage">
  • Yes! We are heading to a lovely mountain-top resort on the Mississippi, KID-FREE. I love my kids, but HELL TO THE YES. Peace and quiet!
  • Mom had had QUITE ENOUGH of this week, so once we were done eating lunch she decided we were packing our shit and going to costco.

I'm at home now, FI went to a Steel Panther concert with his BFF.

Saturday:
    Day: Paint things while FI chops wood with his parents
    Night: Bonfire at our friends' house, which is partially a goodbye party to our good friend who is moving to SE Asia

Sunday:
    Paint more things, maybe use the ice cream maker

Monday:
    If it isn't shitty out, go kayaking.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards